Join our zoo community

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi planned

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by vogelcommando, 13 Dec 2016.

1. Westcoastperson

Westcoastperson Well-Known Member

2. Westcoastperson

Ok so I started this yesterday but I figured with new concept art I would finish today.
    Seaworld abu dhabi.jpg
    Purple=entrance
    yellow=giant ocean exhibit
    pink=Endless ocean (the very tall tank)
    light blue=Pole to Pole exhibit
    dark blue=ride area
    green=Seal and Sea Lion show
    orange=Dolphin stadium and seal and sea lion exhibits
    red=gulf exhibits
    I didn't draw it but the area where yellow and pink border will have a small kiddie rollercoaster.

snowleopard and csartie like this.
  3. csartie

csartie Well-Known Member 5+ year member

4. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Is this all of the park or will there be an outdoor area?
    It looks stunning by the way!

csartie likes this.
  5. Westcoastperson

It’s all indoors.

6. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

Do you know what the right-most exhibit is?

7. Westcoastperson

Yes I mentioned it in my prediction map, that will be a dolphin show

Nix likes this.
  8. nczoofan

nczoofan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Except for the largest roller coaster :D

[​IMG]

Westcoastperson likes this.
  9. csartie

I'm really curious about whether or not they might house belugas in one of the Polar Ocean exhibits. I could be interpreting this layout completely wrong (I would not be at all surprised and I look forward to feeling very stupid when more of the habitats are revealed later on :p) but it seems like there might be two separate animal habitats in this larger section of the Polar Ocean area (the other habitat outlined in red presumably being for the penguins?). The right section of the larger area (outlined in blue) seems to be for the walruses and the left (outlined in green) is what I'm thinking could potentially be a beluga enclosure. It looks like there's a channel coming off of the exhibit with a guest walkway over it with the channel leading into an... area? for holding and/or interaction programs possibly?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a bit of speculation. :) The one big thing throwing me off is the scaling, particularly of what I suspect to be the penguin habitat, that just seems absolutely massive for what it is.

10. Westcoastperson

If they are following the rest of the SeaWorld penguin exhibits it would look close to that but It wouldn't be as deep or rigid. It isn't shown in the plans but my google maps show a bridge going over the gorge.
    Screenshot 2021-08-13 123057.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-08-13 .jpg
    Now I can only think of one part of a SeaWorld park does that, Manta at SeaWorld San Diego. Now it just happens that the Adu Dhabi park has the same kind of track.
    Screenshot 2021-08-13 123610.jpg
    I think they will try to do the same thing in Abu Dahabi.
    As for the beluga exhibit theory there a few problems. So every SeaWorld beluga exhibit has two pools. One exhibit pool which varies generally in size and shape but is mainly deep and circular. The other is rectangular to work with belugas and is unable to be seen by the public. Neither of those exhibits look like typical beluga exhibits. I'm gonna say one is harbor seal and the other is wlarus. I have no idea what that bridge is passing by, on my maps its a ring not those little towers so maybe an aquarium?

csartie likes this.
  11. csartie

I definitely see your point but the way I'm interpreting the imagery there does actually seem to be exactly what you say -- a rectangular exhibit attached to an enclosed rounded pool via a channel. Animal habitats need not be carbon copies of each other across every facility, variation is possible :D You could definitely be right about walrus and harbor seal habitats but what's throwing me off is the channel coming from the pool and seemingly leading into that closed-off area, that seems like something that would be best utilized by a fully aquatic animal.

Either way I'm very curious to find out! I'm still shocked they're including walruses despite how incredibly improbable that would have felt if it wasn't already confirmed, I think that's why I'm keeping an open mind haha. This is definitely going to be one of the most unique facilities in the world to date with its massive scale entirely indoors and its species diversity

12. Westcoastperson

Well neither are behind the scenes so it wouldn’t be that model. Also that Octagon shape just isn’t big enough or wide enough for belugas, it is deep enough for walruses, although I don’t see a shallow area to go with it which is odd no matter what marine mammal goes in there(if it is one).
    I am also starting to notice as I look at different maps that doesn’t look like a channel, unless it’s covered for now or I just can’t see it on any level of google map I think it’s just a barrier.
    BED15FFB-8BD3-4EA2-B5CF-0AA8F4BA419B.jpeg
    But of course your right until we get pre opening photos or until the park opens we won’t know.

13. csartie

I think we're both getting our lines crossed a bit with what we're each trying to describe to each other, which is understandable, we don't have a lot of imagery to go off of just yet so all the details are rather fuzzy right now :D But I'm with you completely, I'm very eagerly awaiting further details! Definitely glad to see that they're so far staying on track to meet their end of 2022 opening date.

14. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Do I understand it right that the dolphin theatre AND a dolphin beach/lagoon (swim with dolphins?) are both indoors? If so, then what a waste of energy!!: Creating a "sunny beach atmosphere" indoors while you already have perfect beach conditions outdoors and with animals that have no problems to live outdoors and occurs in nature in this geographical zone...

15. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

As a very large roller coaster fan, I'm hoping for a large outdoor theme park area. It seems to be some sort of launch coaster. Everything looks good so far, and I can't wait to hear more!

16. Westcoastperson

Well there’s a few problems with them living outside. Because they will spend more time at the surface the chance of sunburn is much greater in Abu Dhabi. It’s not just for the Dolphins the people too will get heat exhaustion, all of the theme parks in Abu Dhabi are mostly indoors with a few exceptions. And finally UV protected sky lights could also be used, it’s a trick many aquariums use in their larger tanks to give them natural sunlight.
    So it’s the same type of rollercoaster but not track layout of SeaWorld San Diego’s manta, from what I’ve read on the theme park forums this type of coaster isn’t exactly common. I’ve ridden it a few times and it is pretty fun for kids and adults, not too intense.

csartie and ChIkEn NuGrEt like this.
  17. Westcoastperson

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi
    So that weird circle place is definetly going to be a ride and that whole area will probably be the cold ocean section.

18. csartie

The themeing of the area has already been confirmed for many months now but the ride that's (possibly) going there looks amazing!! I was going to post about it but decided against it as this is a zoo forum + I don't think it's been explicitly confirmed yet, but here's the link posted to themeparx:
    What an experience!!

I wish they'd release more concept art of the animal habitats. That's been a pretty significantly lacking detail over the entire construction period :(

19. Daniel Funk

Daniel Funk Active Member

20. Daniel Funk

Daniel Funk Active Member

It's all indoors, which is good for some animals that come from colder climates like penguins and walruses since Abu Dhabi is located in a hot desert climate.