Join our zoo community

September Photo Showcasing(2022)

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 7 Sep 2022.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/september-photo-showcasing-2022.66/

Happy September to you all! My apologies for not posting it earlier, I just realized I never created the thread for this month :eek: Anyhow, here are the rules for our Zoochat veterans and rookies:

1. 4 entries per month per member.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring.
    5. Photo entries must be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie wouldn’t be allowed but you can upload the same photo for a later monthly entry.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description and/or by adding tags.

Will be doing more zoo trips once my work schedule is settled, a much needed trip to the SDZ Safari Park is on the books for the end of the month :p Happy hunting to everyone!

2. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks again for keeping this going. Finally cooling off a little around here. Mornings are becoming somewhat comfortable. Made a trip yesterday in the Ozark Mountains to do a little exploring and trout fishing at a small spring fed lake. Was surprised and blessed to watch a great show put on by a family of otters (2 adults & 4 pups). They were very active all afternoon. They provided lot of wonderful photo opportunities. Of course, this was the time I decided to leave the camera gear at home. BTW, the otters caught way more fish than I did.

Lafone and Julio C Castro like this.
  3. Julio C Castro

I’m so jealous of you, I’d love to see otters out in LA but maybe I’ll do a shoot down at the beach for sea lions :D Ain’t that the truth, otters are the best noodling experts there are!

RetiredToTheZoo likes this.
  4. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Wow! The beach and sea lions. I'm jealous. So many different types of photography opportunities available. What more could one ask for? I'm sure you will capture some great photos.

Julio C Castro likes this.
  5. Julio C Castro

I’ve seen a few sea lions off the Santa Monica pier, always curious of the people high up! I’ll see what day I can go down to do a shoot :oops: