Join our zoo community

Siam the Elephant Documentary (2013)

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Sarus Crane, 8 Aug 2017.

1. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Has anyone seen the documentary "Le Fabuleux Destin de Siam L'Elephant" by Jean-Michel Corillion? It's about Siam, the magnificent Asian Elephant from the Vincennes Zoo in Paris.I've been searching since 2013 for an online link to see it when it was released on TV, but can't find anywhere to watch it online. It details Siam's life from his logging days in Burma to his days in Circus Knie, life in the Vincennes Zoo and eventually his death and transformation into a taxidermy mount in the Musee National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris. If anyone knows where I can watch it and perhaps give a link that would be very much appreciated! Here is a subtitled trailer for it. It looks like it uses a lot of archival film footage.

2. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Legend indeed.

Sarus Crane likes this.
  3. Sarus Crane

Sarus Crane Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So just now I found it on Docubay and I tried to enter in payment for a 1-month plan so I can finally watch it and they want a CCAvenue account (that's based in India). This is so ridiculous!!! :mad: