Join our zoo community

Smithsonian National Zoo Transfers

Discussion in 'United States' started by Drew730, 30 Jan 2017.

1. Drew730

Drew730 Well-Known Member

Talk about animals that are arriving or departing at The National Zoo.

2. Andrew_NZP

Andrew_NZP Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't know how well a three thread system would work with this zoo.

This thread specifically probably wont work because the zoo rarely makes announcements about animals that are leaving/coming. I don't think the zoo has said anywhere that the giant anteaters were sent to another zoo, the black and white ruffed lemurs arrived at the zoo in late 2015 and I don't believe the website (or their facebook or twitters) mentioned them anywhere until the new website was launched until late 2016.

3. blospz

blospz Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Perhaps this thread could be changed to Births, Deaths, and Transfers? Then we've got a more options to discuss.

4. jayjds2

jayjds2 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Agreed, I guess we can try a births/deaths/transfers thread and a developments thread, like Toronto. That would mean both threads would have to be renamed and put in the proper category, but it's worth a try. However, where would miscellaneous info (such as the bobcat that just escaped, or something about an event the zoo's having) go? I'm guessing developments but just want to clarify.

Also, I want to apologize to @Drew730: I think I came out a bit harsher than I meant to be in my post on that other thread.

5. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Oh dear... perhaps we will need to create a thread about how many threads we should create :p

Andrew_NZP and jayjds2 like this.