Join our zoo community

Snowleopard's Epic Road Trip

Discussion in 'United States' started by snowleopard, 2 Jul 2008.

Tags:
  1. siamang27

siamang27 Well-Known Member

Will be very interested to know what you think of the TX zoos, especially Gladys Porter as I have been wanting to see that zoo for a while now. Hope you like Giants of the Savanna!

Can't wait for all the reviews! :)

2. Blackduiker

Blackduiker Well-Known Member

That type of trip takes a lot of stamina. Especially with very little down time between zoos, and a whole lot of driving right after visiting. At 55, I don't think I could embark on anything near that extensive, and in such short time. God Bless you and your family young man!

3. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Now at last it starts!

Looking forward to your reviews and photos.

How bloody exciting to be going to so many zoos that you have never seen before!

Safe travels.

4. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I would love to see one of our more tech savvy Zoochatters do a map of America to chart your journey. The type that draws a line showing the route you are following as you progress.

How great it would be for us non USA people not so familiar with where you are traveling.

Ideally this would appear at the top of the Snowleopard's Epic Road Trip Mark II thread, Sim ;]

Just a thought.

5. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

I'd like to thank everyone for the "good lucks" and "best wishes", and I type this on day 2 of the latest and greatest EPIC road trip. It is heart-warming to receive so many private messages asking about various zoos and what my schedule is, as I am always pleasantly surprised to hear that many folks are intrigued with my travels. It brings a smile to my face to be in that situation.:)

Since this thread now has over 300 messages on it, and around 20,000 viewings, it is about time that I began a new one for my current road trip! If anyone has any questions or comments then we can all switch over to the new thread.