Join our zoo community

Open Spammy Pop-ups on Mobile

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Fallax, 17 Apr 2018.

1. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

When I am on mobile I can't navigate the site for more than 10 seconds before my page completley switches to some 'amazon giftcard entry' or 'congratulations you have won an iphone'. It took me 10 minutes to read new posts on the Amneville vs Burgers ZooChat Cup page...

Moebelle likes this.
  2. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a virus.

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Happens on a computer sometimes too. It's either a virus or a program you accidentally downloaded.

4. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

It’s malware from the “National Consumer Center”, it won’t hurt you, but is very annoying, look up how to get rid of it.

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Sometimes also happens with dodgy adverts being served :(

I'm about to change advertising providers in the next few weeks, which should hopefully minimise the chances of this kind of thing happening.

In the meantime, I suggest you look at some antivirus/antimalware software for your phone (I run ESET Mobile Security), and especially for your PC.

If you are able to identify a URL for the advert that is coming up and send that to me (via Private message or email), then I may be able to block it from appearing on the site (assuming it's a dodgy advert and not something on your phone causing the problem).