Join our zoo community

Zoo København Stupid Copenhagen Zoo

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Lizard_boy, 14 Dec 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizard_boy

Lizard_boy Well-Known Member

What do you think about this stupid zoo that shot one of the giraffes and put down 4 lions

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Dec 2014
  2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Look for old threads. This has been discussed to exhaustion.

IMO Their big faul was their wrong PR approach on international stage. Their reasoning was OK for their domestic audience. But contraproductive abroad.

3. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

I think you mean counterproductive.

:p

Hix

4. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

@Lizard_Boy.

I think, copenhagen is the same stupid as so many other zoos killing surplus goats, deer, antelopes, cape buffalos and feed them to the lions-since centuries. Even worse, Basle Zoo is killing baby lions and baby hippos, if they don't find new places for them. But was Madeburg did, is the most evil thing ever happend in a zoo-they killed baby tigers shortly after ther birth, because the were pure bred amur tigers ! But if I remember correctly, the mortality rate of baby animals in the wild is extremly high, isn't it ? Breeding is nature-to avoid it, it isn't "artgerecht".

5. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Locking this thread and moving it into the Kopenhavn forum. There is a thread about the case in said forum.

If you really want to read about the matter, and think you have something new to bring to the topic, take it to the following thread for general discussion of Breed To Cull; it is locked at present but if you still think you have something new to bring to the topic after reading the whole thread send me a PM and I will unlock it briefly so you can post.

http://www.zoochat.com/2/euthanasia-healthy-animals-zoos-breed-cull-355164/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.