Join our zoo community

Sunning in perfect harmony

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Daktari JG, 24 Mar 2019.

1. Daktari JG

Daktari JG Well-Known Member 10+ year member

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

That is unusual. I did a boat trip out of Flamingo Visitors Center in Everglades National Park and they said that is one of the few places you can see crocodiles and alligators in the same area. We did see both (a croc was right by the boat launch, as well as manatees), but we did not see the crocs and gators at the same time.

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

How easy are the crocs to find? It is one of the species I most want to see in Florida.

4. Daktari JG

Daktari JG Well-Known Member 10+ year member

to see crocs you will want to be near the nuke plants in southern Florida
    I don't know how easy hard it is to get on that land as I've never really tried.
    Finding them on Sannibel Island is like a needle in a haystack I can tell you that. Been there a dozen times -when crocs were known to be there and never seen one. (it is a pretty big island).

birdsandbats likes this.
  5. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Based on my experience (which may or may not be true year round), they are easy to see at Flamingo on the far south end of Everglades National Park. Though the article above says a few are now found as far north as Tampa, most of them are on the southern tip of the state. I also visited Crandon Park (to see the closed zoo) on an island off the coast of Miami and there were signs there to watch out for crocodiles, but I did not see any there.

birdsandbats likes this.