Join our zoo community

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Tasmanian Tigers at Currumbin?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Jarkari, 8 Jun 2007.

1. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Interestingly Currumbin has succesfully bred Tasmanian Tigers....lol well according to a newspaper article regarding the panda import thay have successfully bred many animals from koalas to kangaroos and tasmanian Tigers.... Idiots!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Haha - that's so funny.

I love it when journalists turn off their brain while writing.

3. Coquinguy

Coquinguy Well-Known Member

it happens all the time. journalists and media moguls are responsible for the dumbing down of australian society ;) and the simpsons too
    but on the subject of thylacines, well, currumbin breeding them, that is an acheivement lol

4. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

I thought they were extinct .
    I also heard that Steve Irwin once went to Tasmania trying to find one
    ( he didnt succeed with that one )

It would be an awful long way to go if Currimbin did actually have some off site !

5. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

they are extinct- in common thought, but they may be out there, just leave em alone in my word lol

6. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Has anyone tried a serious search in the New Guinea Highlands yet? Its within their historical range and there have been many modern reports of a similar-looking creature from local tribesmen.

7. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

yes there indeed have. a close friend of mines father is geologist and has spent plenty of time hiking around the new guniea highlands. he has some interesting storis of local who claimed that they have seen a thylacine-like animal. his son has seen UFO's and claimed for years he saw a flamingo at lakes entrance (and i STILL failed to convince him otherwise zoopro!!! ;))

8. jwer

jwer Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If PNG really was withing the old range of thylacine habitat i wouldn't call a wandering geologist convincing proof that the thylacine doesn't exist anymore...

Considering the facts that only recently an expedition to PNG's mountain ranges yielded about 30 new species of animals, inlands of PNG are not accesible by anyone that doesn't have about 30 or so permits and Okapi's (not the smallest creature in the world) weren't discovered untill the 20th century i wouldn't say that there might be no chance of ever finding one...

Still the odds are getting smaller...

9. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I just believe now (having followed its story for many years including visiting Tasmania three times....) that if the Thylacine is ever rediscovered, it will be in New Guinea rather than Tasmania.

10. Zoo_Boy

Zoo_Boy Well-Known Member

i have often said that if i ever found 1, i wouldnt tell anyone, just let them be