Join our zoo community

The lost and Left behind

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by jay, 15 Feb 2008.

1. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

I can really recommend to anyone who is even slighty concerned about this great age of extinctions which may hit us shortly to read the following
    The Lost and Left Behind, Stories from the Age of extinctions, by Terry Glavin. It is a very disturbing and comprehensive account of what is happening in the enviroment today. While there is a lot of much needed focus on tropical rainforests amongst conservationists, this book highlioghts other areas that need help. Two important ones are Siberia and the worlds oceans.
    Looking on Amazon it is also called The Sixth Extinction, Journeys amongst the lost and Left Behind

Last edited: 15 Feb 2008
  2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

this is the main reason why I stand against my fellow Wellingtonons and am for the Marine Wildlife Education Centre to be established on the South Coast .
    The guy who was behind it is more ecology minded than even the zoo is . He is passionate about teaching as many people about the plight of oceans . Most people are concerned about "saving the pristine coastline " but havent the foggiest notion about the whole subject

3. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

nigel what' that all about?

4. NZ Jeremy

NZ Jeremy Well-Known Member