Join our zoo community

The travelling Zookeeper

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NathanFang, 21 Jan 2017.

1. NathanFang

NathanFang New Member

Alright so I'm not a zookeeper, however I am keeping my options open for the future!

My name's Nathan. I'm 18 and graduated highschool in 2016. Currently I'm doing a gap year around the world, and during my travelling I discovered my love and passion for zoos. Every zoo I come upon I visit. This averages to around 5 zoos a month, but can change depending on where I go. I also love seeing the animals in the wild, so I do a lot of bushwalks and hikes to see them.

My personal hero is Steve Irwin. A great man, whose enthusiasm for conservation has inspired many of us.

Anyways, that's me. I hope to see several people with similar and different experiences on this forum! See you soon!

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

From the Netherlands, welcome to ZooChat ! Please tell us something about your travel and the places you have planned to visit.

3. Magick

Magick Member

Hey Nathan! Would love to hear more about your travels, it's something I've wanted to do but always been too scared alone haha, where are you off to next ? :)

4. Jir613

Jir613 Member

Hi Nathan
    If your travels bring you to New York, give a holler! Perhaps we can make the visit easier. Travel safely!
    JIR613