Join our zoo community

Auckland Zoo The Zoo TV Series

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by driftaguy, 14 Jan 2010.

1. driftaguy

driftaguy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Returning to One (New Zealand only) Sunday 24th January... I am looking forward to this :), although I am enjoying The Zoo This Is Your Life :):):)

2. Jalur_Tiger_Cub

Jalur_Tiger_Cub Well-Known Member

Cant wait! I hear it starts off with the tiger cubs' 1st birthday. I am also enjoying The Zoo This Is Your Life its really cool to hear all these life stories.

3. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

I don't suppose anyone knows whether or when this new series will be shown in the UK?

4. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It will most likely be over here later this year. When however is a guessing game. Last series was here about 3 months after being shown in NZ and it's been over a year before that. The channel that shows it has recently been renamed. It was Zone Reality but is now CBS Reality. It's Sky Number is still 146.

5. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Thanks Stripes.
    That's the problem. I'll just have to be vigilant.

6. Nisha

7. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Great find, thank you, but unfortunately it's IP restricted, so the full episodes can't be viewed outside of New Zealand. Time go to looking for a NZ proxy...

8. Nisha

Oh well :( we will just have to keep checking the TV listings for it.....

9. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What was The Zoo This is Your Life? Was it people or animals? I went to Auckland Zoo just after Christmas and it was mentioned during the orang talk. It was Christine & she mentioned being oon it the night before & crying (a lot?)

10. Nisha

It profiled that life of four of the zoo's most well known animals. Zabulu the giraffe, Kura the lion, Kashin the Elephant and Indra the orangutan. Christine was on the one with Indra and when they filmed it (in 2008) she and the other keepers had just been told that Indra, Intan and Hoarst (3 of the oldest orangs) would be leaving for Busch Gardens in Florida. She had worked with them for over 20 years and was clearly upset about it. They left in last July so i'm guessing it will be on The Zoo shortly.

They are all shown over here on CBS Reality Sky number 146. They were on this morning but should be repeated again soon.

11. driftaguy

From Programme listing for Greenstone Pictures New Zealand - Greenstone Pictures

The Zoo - This is Your Life is a five part documentary series that celebrates the lives of five very special animal characters at Auckland Zoo.

This brand new series profiles the following much loved animal icons from birth through to the present day; Indra the Orangutan, Kashin the Elephant, Kura the Lioness, Zabulu the Giraffe and Kito the Rhino.

12. lionboy

lionboy Well-Known Member

i have that moviw it is awsome there is also kito the rhino aswell as kura indra kashin and zaboulou

13. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

The series will be returning in 2012 according to the website.

14. driftaguy

It's good that TVNZ/Greenstone recently released an entire series on DVD (Series 10), not just a highlights volume.

15. driftaguy

Repeats are screening at 4.30pm weekdays on TV ONE in New Zealand.

16. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will be showing it in the UK? They have shown previous series and I really enjoyed them.

17. driftaguy

Taronga Zoo - New to New Zealand screens, premieres Saturday 19 May @ 7.30pm on TV3

The Zoo - Returns for Series 12 Sunday 10 June @ 7pm on TV One (TBC)

The Year of the Elephant – Follows the rehabilitation of Mila the elephant with Dr Helen Schofield, 1-hour special documentary on TV One (Date and time TBC)

18. zebra finch

zebra finch Member

It is good they've got the whole series of the zoo for series ten. I was disappointed in earlier series only showing highlights as I preferred the whole thing. Thankyou for letting me know when it starts this year. June 10 I will put it in my diary.

19. driftaguy

The Taronga Zoo TV Series will now screen later in the year. Unfortunately, TV3 have decided to put a fishing show on instead :(

20. driftaguy

A mini-series called Planet Dinosaur will air on Sunday instead. I'm not sure when The Zoo will air, as I was told it would start in June.

I won't post series premiere dates a long way off, as this is the second time it's changed since.