Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2018: The Vote

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 16 Dec 2018.

?

Which of the following is your thread of the year?

Poll closed 1 Jan 2019.
  1. Snowleopard's 2018 Road Trip: by snowleopard

14.8%
  2. Catalogue of Penguins in Captivity Worldwide: by Chlidonias

3.3%
  3. Europes 50 must see zoos: by Lintworm

45.9%
  4. Zoo Decisions - Part 1 (Origins/South American Precinct): by Zoofan15

24.6%
  5. LaughingDove Goes Travelling - SE Asia and Australia: by LaughingDove

11.5%
  1. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Congratulations to @lintworm for taking out the gold; and to @snowleopard for winning bronze. I’m stoked to come 2nd this year. I was a finalist last year (finished fourth) so was aiming for one of the top three spots this years. #Olympicdreams #Olympicmedals #Silver

We’ve all heard the cliche “It’s an honour just to be nominated,” and this is one of those rare situations where that statement is actually true; where even the thread that comes in last is still the fifth best thread on ZooChat.

Participation in this competition was significantly higher than last year, and the competition was fierce. Thanks to @pachyderm pro for organising it; thank you to the people who voted for me; and most of all thank you to the amazing people who have contributed to Zoo Decisions. Zoo Decisions was my first attempt at creating a fantasy zoo thread and I throughly enjoyed the biggest challenge of all: designing and constantly adapting a dynamic thread, that would remain engaging to a large number of highly intelligent people. I’ve been endlessly inspired by your designs and enjoyed writing with you all immensely.