Join our zoo community

Tierpark Donnersberg Tierpark Donnersberg

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Bib Fortuna, 10 Dec 2015.

1. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So I decided to check out this zoo once discussions about it lying about its species inventory and came accross the following.

1) At aroud September last year a lion-tailed macaque has escaped. Due to my poor knowledge of German language I was only able to understand that the animal escaped through a hole it made by pullingperts of the bars in its mesh enclosure apart.

2) The website of the zoo consists only one page with a counter on the right which by the time I am typing this post has around five days and three hours left , text saying that the website is in preperation, and a link begging for donations. One thing that took my interest is that the background of the website is a slideshow of photos that are obviously taken anywhere but Donnersberg. There is an arrow link under the "website is in preperation" which is a link that leads to a some weird page which looks like a template that hasn't been customzed for Donnersberg except for the logo of the zoo.

Obviously the latter news isn't necessarily a development on the zoo grounds itself but I found it interesting to not share.

EDIT: the instagram page of the zoo didn't even update ever since the end of last year. I do ponder what may have happened to the zoo's PR team (if they have one)...

Last edited: 26 Nov 2022