Join our zoo community

Trump Brothers Want Pandas For Central Park Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Loxodonta Cobra, 30 Jan 2017.

1. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

2. GraysonDP

GraysonDP Well-Known Member

How could they build an exhibit at Central Park when they don't have the space with funds from people whose father is destroying the environment?

wensleydale likes this.
  3. blospz

blospz Well-Known Member 10+ year member

If any zoo in NYC were to get giant pandas, I would think it would be the Bronx Zoo. Also, with China's current views on Donald Trump, I doubt they'd come to an agreement with his sons.

Mehdi, CGSwans, Coelacanth18 and 5 others like this.
  4. savethelephant

savethelephant Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I actually have a feeling that if an exhibit would be founded by one of the richest families on Earth it would turn out pretty good and they would make sure to find space for it. However, I do agree with blospz about how it would probably be better in the Bronx zoo and the current president's views on China. But I do hope politics wouldn't get in the way of supporting wildlife (but of course like everything else on this planet of course it would)

wensleydale and CGSwans like this.
  5. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Remember that
    1. The Central Park Zoo is managed by WCS. They would not take this on unless it met their own Mission goals.
    2. The Central Park Zoo is owned by the City of New York. No friend of the Trumps. To add a panda "pavilion" would require expanding the zoo into the Park. Ain't gonna happen

And, for the sake of clarity, the headline is inaccurate. The article states only that this billionaire has approached the Trump organization seeking their support. No info that he got it.
    And the tale of Donald Trump and Wollman Rink is exaggerated. The City felt he scammed them.

6. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

He's going to build the exhibit, and it will be terrific. He builds great exhibits, they're just great. Everybody says so. Believe me. It'll be the greatest exhibit you've ever seen. Believe me.

And China is gonna pay for it!

7. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

You forgot to mention that it's also gonna be yuge; the yugest exhibit ever. It's true.

8. wensleydale

wensleydale Well-Known Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha, this here thread is one of the funniest I've ever read!

9. GraysonDP

There will be a giant sign saying they're not endangered at all and will be alright if big businesses continue to destroy the environment.

wensleydale likes this.
  10. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

They're not endangered. They're not endangered. And they're endangered because China doesn't know how to breed pandas. And that's why they have to breed them in America. My company has bred thousands of pandas, and they're so great. I can't show you them because we're being audited by the ASPCA, who know nothing about pandas, by the way. They know nothing about pandas. And we bred millions of pandas. We bred black ones and white ones and red ones, and they were the best pandas. Terrific pandas. And our pandas won so big in all the panda shows. All of them. And China doesn't know how to breed pandas and that's why they don't have any pandas. Sad!

11. GraysonDP

If you think I have no zoological experience and care at all about animals, that proves the media needs to shut up and stop exploiting me.

12. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

Fortunately at least Trump family is not against zoos....

13. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I probably am not that most educated on what's going on, but here is what I am getting here. One of the most rich and famous families in America, combined with one of the most revenue generating animals in America. Hmmmmm... I can't be the only one that finds that interesting. Hey, if the Trump family and the WCS both want pandas in New York (Though Bronx would be a smarter choice) then I'm all for it. Also, If they need space then they could just demolish/expand the grizzly bear (Former polar bear) enclosure. Surely that's enough space, correct? Part of me just wants this to happen so I could see Trump make a speech at the zoo about the pandas. He-he, that would be fun...:D.

14. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

@pachyderm pro: Considering everything that Trump has done so far, especially in regards to conservation, environmental regulations, and our relationship with China, I can't imagine the WCS would want anything to do with him or his sons. A Trump Panda Plaza would lead to boycotting and protests for sure and would likely wreck their reputation. Also, the WCS does not want giant pandas, as they've been quite explicit about.

Admittedly, the speech would be interesting to see...

wensleydale and jayjds2 like this.
  15. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Good point. Sadly, people will protest/boycott anything that has to do with Trump. Would hate to see the zoo get caught up in the world of politics and policies.

I could picture the speech now...
    "I have a tremendous announcement to make today, believe me, you will be in yuge surprise. We will be bringing the giant panda to the great city of New York. I mean believe me, these pandas will be yuge. Like, these won't just be giant, they will be yuuuuuuuge. I have a tremendous relationship with Jina, the media claims that me and Jina have a bad relationship, their just spouting lies about me, how sad. I actually own a tremendous panda sanctuary in America, its just great, just great I tell you I mean believe me. Yes, its located in Califlorida, its a great place. We have bred so many pandas that people have actually have told us to stop breeding pandas, and once you learn how many panda- over 50 pandas have been born, you will being saying, "Donald, stop breeding pandas," and we will not stop breeding these pandas, I mean its just tremendous really. So wait until these pandas come to the Central park zoo, its a great zoo, and now that I stepped in the zoo, it just got 80% better. Any way, these pandas will be so great, Jina will be loaning them to us just for a small loan of a million dollars each every year. I will pay for 10% of the loan, this will just be great for economy, I-I mean consseerrrr... Hey Pence what is that word? Ah, conservation yes. It will be great for the tremendous conservation of the panda. Thank you for being here today, to see me. Also, I am making a deal with the Jinese government, we will rename the giant panda, the yuge panda, and in exchange, Jina will get our nuclear codes. Thank you once again for sitting through this tremendous speech, that SNL wont have a field day with, they are a pathetic failing show, and Alec Baldwin, he is such a ugly loser. Once again, thank you."

I would pay good money to see this in person...

jayjds2 likes this.
  16. GraysonDP

17. wensleydale

wensleydale Well-Known Member

I'm not anti hunting but sport hunting disgusts me. You should be planning to take the entire carcass home and eat it, rather than just shooting it for fun.

pachyderm pro likes this.
  18. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member