Join our zoo community

Tv Animal Programs

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Ara, 20 Aug 2007.

1. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

One time, my brother,my sisters and I were watching Austin Stevens and he was running throug ha bush fire saving snakes.Then my sister Erin said "he probably starteed the fire for special effects".I had to agree with her,he is such a phony

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Oct 2008
  2. Zoogoer2000

Zoogoer2000 Well-Known Member

A really good show was Zoo Diaries.It was like Zoo Days but focused on Toronto Zoo.Sadly,they stopped filming and airing three years ag obut i would love if they started a gain as the zo ois quite busy right now.

3. zaphod1313

zaphod1313 Member

Ara, I agree with you--if Jack Hanna or Steve Irwin (sorry about his death)or Bindi Irwin or the other "show offs" are involved I will not watch it, however I do watch anything with David Attenborough and respect the people who produce shows without needing to be the star.

4. dragon(ele)nerd

dragon(ele)nerd Well-Known Member

May I ask how do you feel about Brady Barr?

5. zaphod1313

zaphod1313 Member

I have not seen anything with Brady Barr. Tell me about him?

6. dragon(ele)nerd

He is an american herpetologist who has a world record of the first person to capture all 23 species of crocodilian, he hosts the documentery series Dangerous encounters and Croc chronicles,

He not only does research around reptiles, there have been particular times that he has measured bite force of all animals, and also tried to obtain hippo sweat from a wild hippo?! Also he is the first to try and enteract with crocdiles and hippos with seperate suits as a disguise,

7. zaphod1313

zaphod1313 Member

Wow! He sounds very interesting. I need to see if he has videos available. Thanks for the info!

8. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You may enjoy these two sites.

One is Globally Endangered Chapter - ARKive and got lots of short movies of endangered animals. Looks like best scenes cut out of decades worth of wildlife films.

Second is, BBC Worldwide uploaded lots of best nature documentaries on youtube. Like: YouTube - Amazing! Bird sounds from the lyre bird - David Attenborough - BBC wildlife So lots of best shows of David Attenborough (or at least scenes) are to be seen free and legal.
    :rolleyes: :)

P.S. It is interesting to compare these clips to recreated "exotic habitats" in a zoo.

9. dragon(ele)nerd

No problem, I recommend it he is a really enthusiastic in what he does,

10. black_wreath

black_wreath Member

Attenborough is god, nobody can compare, his BBC Wildlife Special on the tiger is probably my favorite. I also loved Nat Geo's Tigers in the Snow special (which I spent $25 on for the DVD a year ago, last month it came with the paper... -_-). I'm probably in (very small) minority here but I thought Wilboyz was riot. 'Ensure the animals aren't hurt but the co-hosts are' - interesting concept.

An entertaining man though I found his bite force measuring attempts of the Great White Shark very disappointing. He gave up so quickly!

11. dragon(ele)nerd

Yeah I though that the great white would measure not bad as it's teeth and jaw design don't need to be back by huge force, though 600 pounds isn't as much as I thought, there was also a second episode on bite force, he actually got a reading of 5000 pounds of a croc,

Attenborugh is amazing how he interacts with animals, I personal think that Beverly and Derrick Jourbert are the best at capturing amazing footage though,

12. chilean

chilean New Member

Flight of the Condor

Found this link re-Flight of the Condor...

WildFilmHistory - Flight of the Condor: Ice, Wind and Fire (1982)

Any one able to provide the 3 part series for us even if it is on VHS? BBC is just not doing anything about remastering this on DVD...

I wonder whether David Attenborough had anything to do with shelving this since he never had anything to do with the making of the series...Great filming and great music to go with it!!!

Just doesn't make sense that a 3 hour series like this can only be produced as a 60-minute compacted series on VHS...and be left at that!

The BBC is the copyright holder...

Any help is appreciated