Join our zoo community

Twycross Zoo Twycross Zoo News 2018

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kiang, 25 Jan 2018.

1. J C

J C Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Popped in on Boxing Day for a couple of hours quiet day and nice weather for December the new fencing as you enter by the monkey house and around the orangutans apeares to be perminate to direct the public up to the bongos before you can get over towards gibbon forest to create a sort of one way system exiting by the snow leopards viewing window. Good idea if you have the kids with you as they aren't presented with the new play area as you enter the zoo behind the monkey house and you wonder why you just payed £80 to see the animals when a trip to the park would have done the trick. The new tiger enclosure area is all boarded up around the perimeter and takes up a massive chunk of land in the area, good times comeing sone though that is all they have appeared to do so far on this before the Christmas break as you can still see the fencing of the old enclosure over the boarding. The rest of the zoo seams to be nice and tide with winter matenence going on, enclosures cleared of over growth and painting up ect taking place all over the site for next season.

Kifaru Bwana, haydn and Brum like this.
  2. leejonesjnr

leejonesjnr Member

I have no idea what is happening in terms of paying or being paid, it is really difficult to work out.
    My first thought was that they were built by/for the park 'unofficially' as they are billed as 'brick safari' on site. I only saw confirmation that they are actually LEGO on one poster in the entrance/exit building, but there is no LEGO on sale in the shop which was a surprise.

3. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Since when did Twycross have Bongo?

4. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Should that be Bonobo?

5. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Nyala possibly? ;)

As a parent all I can say is well done Twycross, play areas at the start of a zoo visit are a nightmare! :p

Jambo and pipaluk like this.
  6. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I guess the poster got bongo mixed up with nyala. Allthough both Tragelaphidae ..., beats me why for size and all.

7. J C

J C Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Yes I stand corrected it should be bonobo, the kids call them bongos :confused: