Join our zoo community

Upcoming zoo exhibits you want to see?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by TheMightyOrca, 28 Jan 2014.

1. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

With lots of zoos and aquariums building new exhibits all the time, are there any upcoming ones that you guys are looking forward to?

The San Antonio Zoo, in my area, is building a giraffe enclosure with a feeding area. Nothing spectacular, but since I live close and can get to it easily, I'm looking forward to it. (especially if I get a job there) I enjoy feeding the giraffes at the Houston Zoo. (my parents live near there, so I can go to the zoo whenever I visit them)

But what I REALLY can't wait for is the upcoming gorilla exhibit at the Houston Zoo. The recently built chimp exhibit is pretty awesome, but I think the gorilla exhibit is going to outdo it. Big exhibits with plenty of gorillas, and some red river hogs, and a big platform so you can stand over it. I haven't seen zoo gorillas in years, not since my last visit to the Gladys Porter Zoo.

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

At the moment Safaripark Beekse Bergen in the Netherlands is building a new Hippo - crocodile area and I'm realy looking forward to it.
    At Emmen a complete new zoo is constructed - the old one will be closed as soon as it is finished which however still will take a couple of years - and what I have heared sofar it should become VERY good !

3. mrcriss

mrcriss Well-Known Member

4. animaloverjake

animaloverjake Member

Out of any upcoming exhibits I would like to visit, I would like to visit Elephant Lands at the Oregon Zoo. The exhibit opens in 2015 and in my opinion will be the greatest Asian Elephant habitat to date in the United States when it opens because I saw the architectural design of the exhibit and it looks amazing with rolling grassy hills, time released feeders, mud wallows, and a 130,000 gallon pool. Not only the outdoor exhibit looks cool but the indoor barn looks great as well and it's supposed to be one of the largest indoor elephant facilities in the world. And the exhibit's main focus is to capture a glimpse of an elephants life and to educate people about the dangers that face Asian Elephants in the wild and inspire them to take action. When the exhibit opens I'm sure it will become one of the best zoo habitats in the world. And people will become mesmerized by these amazing, beautiful and intelligent animals when they get the chance to be able to look into they're eyes and get something back from them.

5. mrcriss

mrcriss Well-Known Member

……by keeping them in "rolling grassy hills"?:rolleyes:

6. condor

condor Well-Known Member