Join our zoo community

Vivarium Elapsoidea (Meyrin)

Discussion in 'Switzerland' started by SealPup, 25 Jan 2017.

1. SealPup

SealPup Well-Known Member

Today I enjoyed visiting a small Swiss vivarium with various snakes, also lizards, crocodilians, amphibians and turtles. There were a lot of vens on display in particular, and some handsome specimens of several species that are on display. The top floor resembles a good zoo reptile house, and the darker bottom floor is like a large hobbyists basement. All vivaria and turtle aquaria are well displayed, and a few of the animals were unusually active. However, experienced zoo visitors might not see anything new in this delightful collection.

2. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

How long did you spend in this collection? I passed it with the tram when I went to CERN, and it looked extremely small from the outside...

3. SealPup

SealPup Well-Known Member

Oh its small, but it was founded by three enthusiasts which should give many of us hope. ;)

As for the collection size, there are more species and individuals on display than at most UK zoo reptile houses. And I spent a while there acting as a tour guide of sorts. ;) Others may not stay as long and the entry is 10 CHF if anyone is intetested. Up to you: I like to support small collections started by enthusiasts on principle.