Join our zoo community

Welcome to our new moderators - kiang and Pertinax

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 17 Mar 2010.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

It's long overdue (my fault, I apologise to the community!), but I have now appointed two new moderators - kiang and Pertinax, who have graciously accepted my request to help out with running the forums. They will primarily be looking after the UK / Europe sections of the site, but will help out elsewhere where they can.

Moderators are a volunteer position, they commit their time for the benefit of the community and in return, I think they should deserve our gratitude and respect (I am certainly grateful for the help they give me!).

Please make them welcome in their new roles and be a bit forgiving as they find their feet! I'm sure they will do a great job.

Just for your reference, I choose moderators based on their contribution to the site and for their balanced personality as community members. I look for people who I believe will add value above and beyond what they already do and would be willing and able to help out.

I do not accept requests to be made a moderator, indeed, asking if you can become a moderator is likely to have just the opposite effect and make you unlikely to be considered. Someone who is overly keen to become a moderator is not likely to make a good choice in my opinion.

2. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome in your new capacity kiang and Pertinax. Fasten your seat belts!

3. Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards Well-Known Member

Congrats, guys :)

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I think kiang and Pertinax will be great moderators. I have always held their posts with regard and thought they were valuable members. Good choices Sim.

5. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Kiang and Pertinax are excellent choices, and they are both veterans of this forum and full of knowledge when it comes to European zoos. They should be honoured to be ZooChat moderators, and we should all feel equally honoured that they will now lend even more of their time to this fantastic website. Cheers!:)

6. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

A worthy choice indeed Sim. I have great respect for both members and hope that they will lighten your (enourmous) load and help keep the forum running smoothly. Good luck guys :)

7. Jola

Jola Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Good luck, guys!

8. adrian1963

adrian1963 Well-Known Member

All the best, happy moding

9. KEEPER

KEEPER Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Congrats for the two new (and for all ) moderators your work it´s much appreciate.

10. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Well done! Fine choices.
    Congratulations

11. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

Good choice! And I agree with Sim, those among us hungry for power and authority should not seek to become Zoochat moderators. I have been a member of this forum for over two years now and their posts are usually full of knowledge but more importantly balanced and without extreme views in one direction or the other.

12. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sim and the other moderators deserve more help; kiang and Pertinax deserve their promotions. We will all benefit. Well done all round!

Alan

13. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I second that ...

I hope they will continue to make the forum a better space for all to experience, enjoy and learn ...

Thanks for stepping in the gap, Pertinax and kiang!