Join our zoo community

Werribee Open Range Zoo Werribee to Disneyland

Discussion in 'Australia' started by PAT, 6 Apr 2008.

1. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

I agree with Glyn and that has always been a point of concern for me, though he and Patrick have always stated iy better than I could. As wonderful as the Us places are, I never could agree with turning a place that already exists as an outstanding example of conservation and education into a place that turns animals into entertainment.
    Perhaps, and that's a big perhaps, if Village Roadshow had proposed creating an African Theme Park from scratch, near Sydney, without changing an existing successful park, then I might have accepted or supported it. I have nothing against Village Roadshow per se, and SeaWorld has some excellent animal exhibits that do co exist with roller coasters well (Polar Bears, Shark Bay). Just hands off existing excellent institutions.

2. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well said!

Theme parks: fine, but not at the expense of an established serious-minded conservation zoo facility like Werribee. Just think of the backdrop ... (ah, ah, ah, .... lol)! And too right, you bring out the numbers game (20 mio and a 200,000 year attendance and ... then a theme park to bring in the punters ... erhh what were these people thinking?).

Werribee Zoo: a future ... I think 150% yes. I will look forward to the Zoos Victoria plans for its 3 zoos.

3. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

hahaha. . . . sorry but as i was reading this posts the ad that appeared at the bottom is for the myfun website. . . the website for village roadshows themeparks. . . .