Join our zoo community

Wet weather (what do you do?)

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by AdrianW1963, 11 Jun 2019.

1. AdrianW1963

AdrianW1963 Well-Known Member

As it's been raining all day I was wondering what people do on a wet day either at home or on a visit to a zoological collection or just a day out?

I just stay in and work on the computer cleaning the house and caring for my mom if I do plan to go out to a zoological collection before hand and the weather turns bad that morning I always make sure that the collection as quite a few indoor exhibits.
    I love to go birding on rainy days as you never know what will drop in the places I love to go to are Rutland water (Egleton/Lyndon reserves) & Upton warren nature reserve (Wychbold) are my favourite reserves as both have hides in easy reach of each other.

2. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member

When I went to Vincennes it rained solidly all day. I spent the morning in the tropical house hoping it would clear up but out didn't so I had to go out and get wet.
    I don't mind showers at a zoo, often after a heavy shower the animals seem more active but persistent rain all day, they're not much you can do.

3. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member

I like to retreat into the basement of my room to play video games. I also like to watch TV.

4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member

Rainy days are the best time to visit a zoo. There are no crowds, some animals are more active, and the soft light is ideal for photography (assuming you have a camera rain cover, which I do). It rains so infrequently in the desert where I live that it is always a treat if it happens to rain on my day off and I can visit one of our two zoos.

5. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member

Two zoos?

6. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member

Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
    Reid Park Zoo

Ebirah766 likes this.