Join our zoo community

What bird or mammal goes well with Azara's Agouti?

Discussion in 'Speculative Zoo Design and Planning' started by Jena, 17 Mar 2018.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Hey so my third question I have, so I am continuing planning and having idea for this zoo of my dreams. But now I don't know what animal can go well with the Azara's Agouti? I want to put them with some type of South American mammal OR birds OR both. (most likely both) Cause I feel these guys are easy to put with others (idk why i think that they just look to be that type lmao). I was thinking Pygmy Marmasot but mabye those guys are a tad TOO small to put with them... and I have 0 idea about birds. I am more of a mammal expert but birds not so much.

So here is my question I want to see what you guys think: "What animal native to the south American rainforest can be in a mixed exhibit with Azara's Agouti? And if you say birds please be specific about what birds. (like instead of saying "ducks" say "white-face whistling duck" Or something like that. (just using that one as a example). Cause I want to be able to move on to my next part of the zoo but I want to finish this whole south american idea first.
    Thanks in advance

2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Lots of things. Various small primates (tamarins, marmosets, titi monkeys), South American tortoises, sloths, and just about any bird that does not eat agoutis.

3. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

okay thanks! So I will probally then find a titi monkey and mabye some birds to go with them!

4. Charlie Simmomds

Charlie Simmomds Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Birmingham wildlife conservation park has them mixed with coppery titi, emperor tamarin and gold headed lion tamarins.

Chester plans to have theirs with two toed sloths but that could change, so any of those species would work just fine.

5. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

ah okay thanks for answering part of my question! I think I will have them with the Coppery Titi since I already chosen to put my Emperor Tamarin with Southern Tamandua, a armadillo and common marmoset.

Charlie Simmomds likes this.