Join our zoo community

What did you Get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by CheeseChameleon1945, 25 Dec 2020.

1. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

This is a continuation of a thread By @HungarianBison.
    First of all, Happy holidays to all if you celebrate Christmas or not, and a happy new year.
    If you did get something for christmas, your welcome to share what you got!
    I got 2 Things, A camera, (Yay!) and a Word Wildlife fund A.D.O.P.T box, We adopted the Black-footed cat, and got a stuffed animal in Turn.

Once again,
    Happy holidays!

LowlandGorilla4, Tafin and ZooBinh like this.
  2. Dhole dude

Dhole dude Well-Known Member

I got a poster of various rodents, a book about birds, and a zoology book among other.

3. CheeseChameleon1945

That sounds great, I hope you enjoy the Zoology books!

4. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

I got a binocle, a bicycle seat and some drawing stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't get a zoo pass.

Last edited: 25 Dec 2020
    Tafin and CheeseChameleon1945 like this.
  5. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I got a beautiful framed antique map of London Zoo dating from the 1940’s, a tribal mask from the DR Congo, a few new books, among them is “Zoo Buildings: Construction and Design Manuel” which I wanted for a while now, a new pair of outdoor work boots, and a lot of rum to drink :D

6. MizzB

MizzB Well-Known Member

I got a wildlife book (I got what I wanted :D) shirt and pants, other types of books, socks, and some other stuff.

7. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I got clothes (that I bought a few weeks ago), fish and fish supplies (from my sister, who's stepping out of the hobby so I'm "inheriting" her stuff), and Planet Zoo. I might share pics later because why not :p

8. BerdNerd

BerdNerd Well-Known Member

My present from my parents was a Dunder Mifflin T-shirt, and the complete series of The Office on DVD, which is one of my favorite TV shows. I also got money, a new computer mouse, a mini speaker, and a book about American songbirds from my grandparents and relatives. But majority of my gifts were snacks :p

9. BerdNerd

BerdNerd Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that every year I get these things called “stocking stuffers”. Basically it’s 10 tiny little gifts and I open one of them every day. Since there’s 10 of them, I open my first one 10 days before Christmas, all the way until the last one, which is on Christmas Eve. From that, I got some snacks and an Among Us T-shirt.

CheeseChameleon1945 and ZooBinh like this.
  10. MizzB

MizzB Well-Known Member

The first post I made was what I got on Christmas eve. What I got for Christmas Day was, drawing books, sticker by number, wireless headphones, more socks, candy, a dinosaur book. The two of the drawing books are paint by number.

CheeseChameleon1945 and ZooBinh like this.
  11. Austin the Sengi

Austin the Sengi Well-Known Member

Possibly two of the best gifts that I have ever got for Christmas this year was an actual Springbok pelt as well as a Canon EOS camera (not to mention Planet Zoo’s South America DLC)

Last edited: 26 Dec 2020
  12. Pootle

Pootle Well-Known Member

Fatter!

I don't care, as I can lose it easy enough, I'm fit again just in time for the Easter Eggs, which also doesn't worry me, as I lose the Easter Egg weight gain just in time for my September birthday when I put more weight on, which again doesn't worry me as I lose it by Christmas, which is when I put it back on, which is no worry really, as I lose it by Easter, which is no issue as you know my metabolism in and outs by now, as just before my September birthday I'm getting into shape again.....ready to gain weight for Christmas.

I would have made a great hibernating beast I reckon.

13. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

I got Zelda, Nintendo, and some Schrute Farms socks from the office. I also got a lot of candy including some neat Schrute Farms B&B welcome mints in the shape of beets. I got a few Jurassic World dinosaur toys although I prefer the Safari LTD figures due to them being more scientifically accurate. I got a really neat Isla Nublar Park Ranger/Ingen employee backpack; with a Jurassic Park Dinosaur Expert journal inside. A Lego Jurassic World lab set with a few cute baby dinosaurs. And a Jurassic Park Jersey.

14. ChIkEn NuGrEt

Oh and my parents adopted two animals from WWF(one for my sister one for me), but we don’t know what they are yet, because mine hasn’t arrived yet and we are going to open them at the same time. I will post when I find out what they are.

15. CheeseChameleon1945

I hope you enjoy them! The Black-footed cat I aopted I named Toughie, since they have a 60% hunting rate, much more than the Cheetah.

Birdsage likes this.
  16. ChIkEn NuGrEt

Okay we just received them, I got a North American River Otter, and my sister got an African Elephant.