Join our zoo community

Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium What Do You Want at Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium?!

Discussion in 'United States' started by Gforrestersmith, 1 Oct 2011.

1. Gforrestersmith

Gforrestersmith Well-Known Member

Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium is Currenting asking people what do you want at the Zoo, I was part of this by typing a letter saying the following words:

"April 16, 2011

Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium
    5400 North Pearl St. #D
    Ruston, WA 98407

Dear Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium,

I Just Found out about the Meetings on People Sharing their Ideas for Future Exhibits for the Zoo. I'm Sorry I Can't come to the Meetings because I'm in Hermiston, Oregon. I'm Jacob Smith, I'm 16 years old, I've lived in Louisana, Oklahoma and Oregon, I've visited over 25 Zoos & Aquariums from West Coast to East Coast. But I Would Love to Share Ideas with You Guys. I Love the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, and I would love to see new Animals there in the Next few many Years.

Here's the List of Ideas I got for the Zoo.

Lion Exhibit: See a Pride of African Lions close up through a Glass Wall, Also nearby See Habitats for Mandrill, Striped Hyena, Red River Hog and Hornbill.

South American Pampas: Explore South American by Encountering Habitats for Jaguars, Maned Wolves, Bush Dogs, Capybara, and Giant Anteaters (With Glass Wall Views). Also See a Pool with Flamingoes, a Large Fish Tank with Large Fish from the Amazon River, and a Walk-Through Greenhouse Habitat with Monkeys, Sloths, Agoutis, Iguanas, and Tortoises.

Asian Desert: See Habitats for some Hoofstock; Includes Przewalski's Horses, Somalia Wild Ass, Bactrian Camels, Scimitar-Horned Oryx, Addax, and Takin.

Dolphin Pool: a Marine Tank with Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins, Comes with Both Over and Under Water Views for Seeing the Tanks, Sort of Similar to your Walrus Habitat.

Chimp and Orangutan House: a Exhibit Featuring Both Indoor and Outdoor Habitats for Chimpanzees from the Rainforests of Africa and Orangutans from the Rainforests of Asia.

Cassowary Habitat: a Regular Habitat for Cassowaries from Australia and New Guinea.

Touch Pool: An Additional Touch Pool where people can touch Southern Stingrays, Cownose Rays, Horseshoe Crabs, and Bamboo Sharks.

Reptile House: A Perfect Indoor Exhibit for New Reptiles, Featuring such amazing creatures as the Indian Gharial, Komodo Dragon, Green Anaconda, King Cobra, Gila Monster, and Galapagoes Tortoise. Also in the Exhibit are Three Extra Habitats, One for Chinese Goral and Tree Kanagroos, One for Red Pandas, and One for Fennec Foxes.

Snow Monkeys: Just a Regular Exhibit with Japanese Macaques from Japan.

Also, is it Possible to get Belugas back to the Zoo, I miss them so much.

I Believe these Exhibits would be Exellect Additions to the Point Defiance Zoo because:

Some of these Animals are Among my favorites.
    Some of these Animals are Rare to See in Zoos.
    People would might want to go the Zoo even more to See these Kinds of Animals.

If you got this Note, Can you please show this to the people on the meetings?

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to many more years of visiting Point Defiance Zoo.

Sincerely Your Loyal Guest,
    Jacob Smith"

and of Course the letter also had an Andress and a Phone Number but I will not show it here on ZooChat

So if you're either a Point Defiance Fan or a Animal Fan, What do you want at the Zoo?