Join our zoo community

What do you want to see in Jurassic World: Dominion?

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Thomas, 23 Feb 2021.

1. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The first official photos and poster
    upload_2021-6-10_9-56-49.jpeg

upload_2021-6-10_9-57-15.jpeg

upload_2021-6-10_9-58-12.jpeg

2. Thomas

The First 'Jurassic World: Dominion' Footage Offers a Franchise Origin Story and a Whole Bunch of T-Rex Action
    The first photo image of the preview is a prologue flashback in the late Cretaceous even though most of the dinosaurs didn’t lived in the same time in the image seen is a Moros (an early tyrannosaur relative discovered in 2019) and the lower of the Giganotosaurus mostly picking scraps of meat from it’s teeth.
    Other dinosaurs mentioned in the article from preview seen in Fast and the Furious 9 IMAX screenings include Oviraptor, Dreadnoughtus, Iguanodon, Nasutoceratops, Quetzalcoatlus (a pterosaur), and a Tyrannosaurus who gets into a fight with the Giganotosaurus, but loses in which the mosquito sucks it blood before encase in amber.
    These dinosaurs are more realistic compared to the Jurassic world clones justifying that they’re not meant to look accurate as they had their gene gaps filled in frog DNA.
    What’s best the Moros is portrayed head to toe with feathers, and even the article mentions the Oviraptor fully covered with feathers and the Tyrannosaurus with Proto-feathers.
    The Deinonychus squad are meant to be retcons of the Jurassic park raptors(since velociraptor is based on deinonychus) as the orange ones resembled the lost world raptors and the white one the female Jurassic park 3 raptor perhaps the although they lack feathers, the arms and hands are not pronated.

3. dinosauria

dinosauria Well-Known Member

Oh, I remember the Deinonychus leak! It's going to be very weird when comparing them to Blue, though. I also think it's really weird that the dinosaurs in the past are all anachronistic and over the place geographically. A Hell Creek sequence would've been rad, instead of a mishmash of species.

4. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

Why does the mosquito have 4 legs? I have to admit that I didn’t even notice the error until someone pointed it out since I was too busy overly scrutinising the Moros, but it is very odd…

birdsandbats likes this.
  5. Thomas

An update we have new renders for the dinosaurs and the official logo
    upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg
    These are three of the Atrociraptors appearing and they have names, Tiger, Ghost, Panther, and Red. upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg
    This shoe shows Rexy with her design similar to the one in the original Jurassic park, Blue next to one of the Atrociraptors, the best part they have non-pronated arms(blue is semi-pronated in between), and the best design, a Parasaurolophus different from the ones in the Jurassic park/world movies and it’s much more accurate proper skull shape, thicker neck, bulky tail, and the front toes almost hoof like(not unlike the Edmontosaurus hoof perhaps this was before the discovery when they went into production), and possibly Quadrapedal most of the time and bipedal when standing and running.
    upload_2021-9-6_16-52-29.jpeg
    This is the designs for the allosaurus based on battle of big rock and the broken horn Carnotaurus from fallen kingdom.
    These came from Twitter by the way.

LowlandGorilla4 likes this.
  6. Thomas

Jurassic World: Dominion Looks Like an Indiana Jones Dinosaur Movie
    This is description based on the journalist’s view of the cinemacon footage
    -The new characters Owen and Claire interacting with the legacy characters Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, and Ian Malcolm.
    -A pair of Brachiosaurus in a snowy forest led by a bunch of vehicles in a quarry (to those who cried over the brachiosaurus death in fallen kingdom, this confirms some individuals have been taken off the island and now roaming free)
    -a triceratops attacking a Jeep (some more dangerous herbivore action)
    -Ellie Sattler donning a pink shirt and khaki similar to the original movie and trapped in a dinosaur crate sinking and pouring with water (an element from the lost world novel when Lewis Dodgson tried to drown Sarah Harding)
    -Alan Grant donning his hat and outfit similar form Jurassic park 3 and holds a flare stick leading away a carnivore.
    -Rexy rampaging through the city
    -Mosasaurus takes down an entire helicopter
    -The return of the Dilophosaurus
    -Owen on a motorcycle in a field and through the streets after a raptor
    -Clairie and Owen on the rooftops chased by raptors
    -it’s described to be action pack like Indian jones, James Bond, and Jame Bourne with dinosaurs
    -and lastly the entire cast encountering Rexy in the woods.

7. ChIkEn NuGrEt

ChIkEn NuGrEt Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the more realistic designs!

8. dinosauria

Of course the "rival dromaeosaur" is called Red.

9. Thomas

The prologue short.

ChIkEn NuGrEt likes this.
  10. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well, great CGI, no doubt. But I don't think that the story itself can mess with this level. Will see...

11. Batto

Batto Well-Known Member 10+ year member

As usual, it makes no sense. Species of completely different time periods and locations thrown together. The outdated "egg-eating oviraptor" trope that even my four-year-old objected to while watching. The usual "T.Rex gets beaten up by the new big baddie dinosaur" spiel. Since when did Giganotosaurus have such huge Proc. spinosi?
    The modern day part is just as foolish and pointless.
    Regarding the CGI: nihil novi.

amur leopard and zoomaniac like this.
  12. zoomaniac

zoomaniac Well-Known Member 15+ year member

@Batto: To be fair, you must confess that not everyone can have an expert at home as your son has...:D;):p
    By the way: This forum is great. You can even learn polish!

Batto likes this.
  13. ChIkEn NuGrEt

Yeah I was kind of disappointed with the scene; it also continued the trope of the world being a rainforest during the Mesozoic. The scene seemed to take place at the modern-day Hell Creek Formation. Nasutoceratops was portrayed as living alongside the other Hell Creek Paleobiota despite only having fossils discovered in the Kaiparowits Formation in Utah. The Giganotosaurus also lived in Argentina. Both species also lived long before the Cretaceous-Paleogene Mass Extinction event so the “65 Million Year's Later” doesnt quite work. I thought the modern day part was fine. I just hope that the film is better than the “prehistoric” scene.

14. Thomas

Aside from the inaccuracies of time and geography
    Oviraptor was an omnivore, so it is a bit plausible and modern-day birds like jays and crows raid bird's nests today
    What are your opinions on the dinosaur designs like non-pronated dinosaurs and feathered?
    I like the feathered dinosaurs if properly done just like how Jurassic pulled it off on the oviraptor, Moros, and the flashback T. Rex is well done with a combination of scaly and proto-feather fuzzy.

15. Mr.Ivory

Mr.Ivory Well-Known Member

Can we appreciate the Dreadnoughts we needed another sauropod in the JP and JW universe that isn't Brachiosaurs and Apatosaurus

Last edited: 24 Nov 2021
  16. ParathePineapple

ParathePineapple Well-Known Member

While not realistic I would love if the carnotaurus were able to change their colors and camouflage like they did in the second novel.

17. dinosauria

The entire prologue pains me. I like the behavior displayed but so many animals are out-of-place and anachronistic. Also the Giganotosaurus looks like some weird knock-off of '98 Godzilla. It's probably the hump.

amur leopard, Batto and ChIkEn NuGrEt like this.
  18. ChIkEn NuGrEt

I read both novels; ever since I've felt the movies should use more inspiration from the novels and this would be PERFECT.

ParathePineapple likes this.
  19. ChIkEn NuGrEt

Due to this scene taking place in the Hell Creek Formation; it would likely be an Anzu, not an Oviraptor.

ParathePineapple likes this.
  20. dinosauria

Considering the fact that the fauna varies widely and were selected based on what seemed cool from the Cretaceous, the scene likely takes place in a generic Cretaceous world.