Join our zoo community

What is your ranking of the MCU movies? (from least favorite to most favorite)

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by Hipporex, 26 Jan 2019.

1. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

The Star Wars films in particular (especially the original trilogy) are renowned for kicking off in media res, forcing the viewer to pick things up as they go along :p so quite the opposite of what you claim.

carl the birder and SpinyLiving like this.
  2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Was Groot selfish? I couldn't tell, another big flaw of his character. I actually didn't like the "We are Groot" line. It's stated he's actually speaking a three world language here, so why would there be two different words in here. I doesn't make any sense!

Fair enough, I did like Rocket significantly more in Infinity War. It's just that I don't like watching heroes make terrible decisions, hence why I dislike Rocket (especially in Guardians 2).

I like Hulk because it doesn't feel like an MCU movie. I enjoy "on the run" movies a lot, maybe that's the only reason I like this movie. The third act with the CGI park is the weakest part of the film by far, if the third act is better the movie would be significantly higher.

Yes, because they make sure the viewer can pick up those things. In Guardians 1 and the first act of Captain Marvel I had no idea what was going on, there was nothing for me to pick up on!!!!!!

TZDugong likes this.
  3. SpinyLiving

SpinyLiving Well-Known Member

Seems to me like you dislike characters with flaws, maybe that's why you like Captain America so much :p

4. birdsandbats

I don't dislike character flaws, I dislike watching characters where their flaws are their entire character.

5. Hammy

Hammy Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Ah, here's another example of where you were annoyed where I cry. Rocket is a massive pain in the rear throughout Guardians 1 and much of 2, but again, it's an arc, one that is honestly incredibly clean. We see hints of his insecurities in Guardians 1 when he gets drunk, and then he's worse in Guardians 2 because, as Yondu (MY BOOOOY) breaks down so nicely, he's terrified of letting anyone in lest he get hurt. And then in Infinity War and Endgame, he's massively chilled out largely because of that relationship with Yondu. Yondu and Rocket's relationship in Guardians 2 is beautiful and tore me up inside real good. But once again, I can definitely see how Rocket would get on someone's nerves, especially on first viewing. On repeat watches for me though, the scene of him getting drunk in Guardians 1 also tears me up inside real good. Guardians of the Galaxy really should be renamed to "People who are hurting, but don't want to talk about it, but really should, and when they do, they feel better."

Can agree that Captain Marvel is kinda dumb though, and Carol Baskins never learns anything and that bothers me above all.

6. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Do you mean Carol Danvers, perchance? :p

7. Hammy

Yes. That one. I get my Carols confused often.

Chlidonias and Coelacanth18 like this.
  8. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

New trailer for the Wandavision series is out. :)

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I have no idea what is going on...!

Also, I thought she was supposed to be Russian? Did she stop being that?

10. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Neither does anyone else, don't worry! ;)

Sokovian... And yeah, it was clearly too much effort for an actor to, you know, act... :rolleyes: To be honest, I find her accent far less distracting now she's talking naturally. She didn't do a great Eastern European one really.

11. Chlidonias

Oh good. I thought it must be one of those things where only MCU fans understand it.

12. birdsandbats

That is possibly the weirdest trailer I have ever seen. What is going on?

13. Onychorhynchus coronatus

Onychorhynchus coronatus Well-Known Member

I'm going to sound like such a grinch but I wish there was an option on the poll that said "I hate them all equally".

14. birdsandbats

What poll?

15. Onychorhynchus coronatus

Onychorhynchus coronatus Well-Known Member

Oh , my bad, I thought I saw a poll but it was actually just a list.

But yes I prefer films about ordinary human beings doing heroic things to superheros.

Anyway, I'll stop being a grinch :D.

16. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

If I had to take a guess as to what's going on, it's that Wanda traditionally has reality warping abilities when she's at her most powerful/unhinged and therefore has created a fake reality with a fake Vision, a fake family, fake town, and fake citizens in the wake of her losing Vision in Infinity War.

~Thylo

Hammy likes this.
  17. Chlidonias

So, if Vision died in Endgame (haven't seen it - now it's ruined for me! :p), then I will suggest that Wanda used that time-travel / alternative dimension / whatever it was thingy that Captain America used to go live his life with that girl, and she saved Vision and they now live in the 1950s where no-one can find them.

Edit: oh wait, Infinity War. I remember that bit now. I assumed they would have just brought him back again later in Endgame.

18. birdsandbats

Sounds like you really need to see Endgame. :p

19. Hammy

Good theory! I knew the uncanny feeling of concern I had seeing the trailer wasn't for no reason. It really is amazing how the overwhelmingly obvious mental health struggles go completely ignored in these movies and comics too. Amazing to me that SHIELD or any organization hasn't gone "Hey, maybe we should get these unstable people with fantastic abilities some decent mental health services so their instability doesn't end up hurting even more people."

Like, sure, yes, let's take the girl who's still really young and seen her parents, her brother, and now the only remaining person who genuinely seemed to care about her die, and not even ask her "Hey, you okay there? You need anything?" Same deal with Tony. Civil War is an exercise in frustration for me watching Tony in very clear distress (that has been building for several movies now) and no one seems to notice or care.

20. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Something someone pointed out which makes may shed some light:

The wine bottle Wanda pours in the trailer is titled "MAISON DU MEPRIS". 'Maison du' is French for 'House of' and while Mepris is a made up word it seems, it does begin with M. This is likely a nod to the House of M storyline from the comics, which IIRC, includes the exact storyline I predicted above! The comic line goes into a lot more complex and crazy stuff, including she Thanos-ing most (all?) existing mutants, but I doubt we'll get all of that in the show for obvious reasons.

~Thylo

Hammy likes this.