Join our zoo community

Bronx Zoo Wild Asia Bronx Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by aw101, 22 Apr 2008.

1. loxodonta

loxodonta Well-Known Member

1) I am positive Wild Asia is still operational.

2) Congo Forest, Jungle World, Reptile House, African Savannah, Sea Bird Colony, Bird World, Himalayan Highlands, Tiger Mountain and, because of the species, Wild Asia.

3) Your third question is a good one. Personally I don't think Bronx is open long enough to see every animal if you are a "lingerer" (stay at one exhibit for a while). My last visit I took a while in Bird World and had to rush through the other half of the zoo. I have also visited in the winter when a lot of exhibits are closed and spent the entire day there. I also haven't visited since World of Darkness and some of the exhibits have closed which would make the trip shorter.

2. Doddy

Doddy Well-Known Member

Thanx very much, I thought I had most likely misread that wild asia was closing!! It is good to hear the ponit of view of someone who has been there before and I am very much lookig foward to going to such a great zoo. Thanx again.:D

3. OneHungryHippo

OneHungryHippo Member

Actually, there are no more Blackbucks. I remember in 2008, I went and there were Indian Muntjacs. I do not remember Hog Deer. I believe, now due to budget cuts, they removed the Formosan Sika Deer from the Wild Horses place, and that is now nothing. Currently, the Sika Deer are in the Wild Asia Monorail exhibit.

4. AnaheimZoo

AnaheimZoo Well-Known Member

I may be a little late to post on this thread (seeing how it's been over a year since the last post and how the majority of conversation took place in 2008 :)), but I went to the Bronx Zoo this past Sunday (the 26th) and I clearly remember the Formosan sika deer and wild horses early in the tour, with the hog deer coming later and the babirusa right before the elephants... not sure about the muntjac, though. :confused: