Join our zoo community

Wildlife watchers: beauty and brutality

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by kiang, 29 Aug 2012.

1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

From violent underwater bird battles - to blood-sucking insects and peanut butter-loving mice - this year's Veolia Environnment Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition attracted 48,000 entries from 98 countries.

The images judged to be the best 100 go on show at the Natural History Museum in October. The overall winners will be kept secret until then, but here - with one of the judges Roz Kidman Cox - look at some of the commended photographs which capture nature's beauty and fragility.
    All the winning images will be on display at the Natural History Museum, London, between 19 October 2012 and 3 March 2013.

BBC Nature - Wildlife watchers: beauty and brutality

2. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

Wow! Some truly incredible photos :)

3. nanoboy

nanoboy Well-Known Member

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.

There is one poignant photo which reminds me why I prefer to donate money to save one species rather than feed/vaccinate the other. And to me, a great photo is one that (other than lighting, contrast etc) elicits a variety of emotions and views, and can have you staring at it for minutes on end to try to appreciate everything that the photographer is trying to convey.

This is a superb photo competition, and it looks like I will be buying the calendar again this year. :)

4. Arya

Arya Active Member

This is amazing, thanks for sharing it.