Join our zoo community

Your favorite zoo game

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Tiger, 9 Oct 2021.

Tags:
  1. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Sorry if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one, and also sorry if I seem to have copied someone's idea (which I haven't because I wanted to post this thread for a long time). So as the thread title says, what are your favorite zoo games and maybe why?
    My list is as follows (I'm limiting myself to the ones I play myself):
    1: Planet Zoo
    2: Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection (actually, a pretty much perfect game for zoochatters)
    3: Zoo2: Animal Park
    4: Zoo Guardians
    5: Township (not a zoo game but you can unlock one at a certain level and control it yourself)
    This was my list. What are your favorites?

2. TheMightyOrca

TheMightyOrca Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Planet Zoo is my favorite right now. I grew up playing the Zoo Tycoon games, and while they're still fun to play (I bust out ZT2 once in a while) it's cool to finally have a modern zoo game, with more design options and better graphics and new features. I just hope that when Frontier is done working on Planet Zoo, it won't take 10+ years to get a new good zoo game, lol.

3. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

Not a zoo building game, per-say, but I found World of Zoo to be a fun little time-waster.

ZooElephantMan likes this.
  4. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Planet Zoo without a doubt.

5. ZooElephantMan

ZooElephantMan Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Zoo Tycoon 2 is my favorite. Planet Zoo looked really promising, but for me the game has way too may features, so I get overwhelmed playing it thinking about the infinite possibilities of what I could build. I prefer having more limits, which force me to solve design challenges in more creative ways.

6. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

In regards to main zoo games, I loved Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2, and played both of them a lot when I was younger. With 2 in particular, I'd always make a zoo featuring all the animals of an expansion when it was released.

I did also play the original Wildlife Park, and it was fun to a degree, but I found it a little too janky.

I also have played a few online zoo games briefly, like My Free Zoo, but obviously not for too long due to them being much too tedious. Although I will say that My Free Zoo in particular does have some interesting concepts that I could see working in a proper full zoo game.

7. Gibbonsagainstgravity

Gibbonsagainstgravity Well-Known Member Premium Member

PLANET ZOO!!!!