Join our zoo community

Zion Wildlife Gardens Zion Wildlife Gardens case adjourned

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Peter Dickinson, 20 Jan 2010.

1. crazy-cat

crazy-cat Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate why you are not surprised please?

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

with the amount of legal trouble he has caused himself and the amount of money he owes to various parties, I'm not at all surprised he isn't in a rush to return

3. crazy-cat

Your answer is speculative but I am sure if proceedings are not " delayed" again this will be sorted out if it is found to be true
    Support for Craig Busch seems to be growing and is not on the wane , if anything he seems to have become more popular than ever and reading the article he seems to be securing his future without the need of being at Zion Wildlife Gardens .

4. Chlidonias

I never claimed my answer would be anything other than speculative (although it is a fact he has and is surrounded by a lot of legal issues, largely of his own making, and he does owe several people large sums of money), but it should be noted that this court case in question is not related to Craig Busch directly, it is against the Zion Wildlife Park, two different things.

As has been noted many many times, only in NZ (and to a lesser extent Australia) is the full story of Craig Busch well-known. Outside these countries he is mostly known simply for his TV show and the general public know nothing of the back-story. Your last line may well answer your own question as to why its no surprise he may not be returning to NZ any time soon - he is still popular outside NZ and "he seems to be securing his future without the need of being at Zion Wildlife Gardens"

5. crazy-cat

I think you would be quite surprised just how much of the " background story " is known to people outside NZ and Australia , so I have to disagree with you on that point.
    In my last line I actually meant with all of the civil legalities taking so long etc he is proving he that he does not intend to be dependent on ZWG for his future career ,infact I would go as far as to say that in all probability the new TV series that is currently being filmed will have broader worldwide appeal as I understand it just doesn't involve big cats but other wildlife too and this I think this will increase his popularity and make make it even more interesting to watch .

6. crazy-cat

Sad news today , Sita the Bengal tiger has died at Zion Wildlife Gardens due to a altercation with a male tiger ,
    In the space of two years a man has died , and another two beautiful cats, surely people must now see something has gone badly wrong ?

7. Chlidonias

this is the news release (there is more on Zions own website):
    Tiger killed at Whangarei zoo - Yahoo!Xtra News
    I'm not quite sure what you are implying here. How are you going to try and connect the current accident to the absence of Craig Busch?

8. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Get a grip this could have happened even if St Craig had been in-charge,the fact that people that support him have to jump on things that could happen at anytime in any zoo,real just shows how blinded my the ******** that he sprouted on his tv series,and how little they also know about what can and does happen in zoo`s every day alround the WORLD!!

9. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It is a risk of keeping animals together or introducing animals, even animals that have met before should still be reintroduced with care and deaths DO occur when introductions are made.

Craig Busch is an idiot. Simple fact. the most obvious indicator of this is his "Conservation" of white tigers. There is no conservation value in white tigers other then the money they can make him because they are different. and they are more than likely quite inbred.

Please note I have no problem with Dreamworld's white tigers because Dreamworld actually acts to conserve the species, they use the white tigers to help save Sumatran Tigers. Craig does very little.

If you think Craig is a good man, who has done nothing wrong then clearly you DON'T know all the facts behind this.

I think you would struggle to find any Life Sciences manager or Zoo that would recommend him or even allow him onsite as "The Lion Man".

10. crazy-cat

11. crazy-cat

Wow ! I take it you are not a fan of his then !
    I am deffinitley not as blinded as you think , let me reassure you of that .
    In the space of under 2 years an animal handler has been killed , a white tiger shot , a lioness has died and now a bengal tiger , I think this should cause concern .
    You say that this happens everyday around the world , no doubt it does , but not always at the same Zoo or wildlife park.

12. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Well anybody that can keep going on about breeding the rare White Bengal Tiger will never be anybody that i will take seriously,so yes I`m no fan of him.
    As for concern about what else that has happened no I`m not apart from the death of a keeper but then if Craig didn`t have a policy of going in with the Cats it would never have happened,as for the rest it happens its just that in most other zoo`s most people never find about it and when they do they don`t tend to going jumping to all types of conspiracy theorys that supports of Craig Busch do on here.

13. Chlidonias

I saw a Zion article in a local paper this morning which was just another silly tit-for-tat wrangle so doesn't need to be mentioned any further, but in the article it said that the court case re the death of Dalu is now set for November 1 (if you've read through this thread you'll remember it was originally to be held in mid-January but was adjourned till mid-February, then again till early April, then early July......). We'll see if it happens this time.

14. JonnyS18

JonnyS18 Well-Known Member

Zion Wildlife Gardens

Don't know if any of you have seen this statement made by Patricia Busch last week, some rather sick things confirmed in this article that even i wouldn't have thought Craig capable of..

15. Chlidonias

that's what the newspaper article was about. I only skim-read it, but as I said, tit-for-tat nonsense

16. Chlidonias

well the court case about the death of Dalu Mncube was an extremely drawn-out process (having originally been set for January 2010, then adjourned till February, then April, then July, then November......) but it has now finally taken place.
    Guilty plea by Zion Wildlife Park - national | Stuff.co.nz