Join our zoo community

Zoo Brochures

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Amnesiac, 6 Jan 2010.

1. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Well-Known Member

I started a new Brochure Spotlight feature on my blog, Zoo Tails, where I will be sharing pictures of old zoo brochures I have kept. The first entry is a brochure from 1998 of SeaWorld in Cleveland, Ohio (which closed in 2001). Many more to come and feel free to post your own!

Attached Files:

2. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Well-Known Member

Today is our first Park Map Spotlight! Similar to the Brochure Spotlight feature, I will be displaying old park maps of zoos that I have collected over the years. Our first trip takes us to the Alligator Farm of St. Augustine, Florida. This park map is from the mid-nineties and according to Wikipedia: The park began in 1893 on St. Augustine Beach as a minor attraction at the end of a railway running through neighboring Anastasia Island. The alligators were added at first to get visitors to buy souvernirs and see the museum there. Soon, though, the reptiles themselves became the point of interest. Growing in popularity, the park moved to its current location in the early 1920s. The park changed owners in the 1930s, and after a devastating fire, they started reconstruction and expansion of the facilities.
    [​IMG]

http://zoo-tails.blogspot.com/2010/01/zoo-park-map-spotlight-st-augustine.html