Join our zoo community

Zoo Economy

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by PossumRoach, 20 Sep 2020.

1. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I just came across this game on steam and found myself interested. It might look like one of them lackluster clicker games on first sight but it seems to be something different.

Zoo Economy on Steam

Zoo Economy (Strategy-puzzle)

Based on the footage I saw there seems to be a decent animal roster (albeit some might be miscolored.) There seems to be some interesting campaign stories as well.

JurassicMax and Jungle Man like this.
  2. Jungle Man

Jungle Man Well-Known Member

I also got interested in it, looks a little more like a real zoo management. I'll try to check it out, I'll see if there is a gameplay on Youtube or something. Thanks for sharing!

PossumRoach likes this.
  3. JurassicMax

JurassicMax Well-Known Member

It also got me interested! The game is expected to come out during fall this year, so maybe there aren't any videos on youtube yet.

Jungle Man likes this.
  4. Jungle Man

Well, then we have to wait! Imagine if Planet Zoo had the same kind of management, like exchange between real zoos, which animals to breed and which not, and things like that. It would really make Planet Zoo more interesting.

5. JurassicMax

It would! Maybe they will add it in the future? But if they do, they would need to change most of their game. A zoo game that combines all that would be the best!

Jungle Man likes this.
  6. Jungle Man

That's quite true. And as many people have mentioned, the animal roster should be improved, more species per pack, of course decoration is good but the game is about a zoo and without animals, there's no zoo so 15-20 animals per pack would be better.

JurassicMax likes this.
  7. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Before we further stray away from Zoo Economy I do want to bring up that there are people in PZ building structures without animals, which shows the major beef I have with pz.

There seems to be 35 animals confirmed so far, some if them having the wrong avatar/icon such as the hamadryas baboon/mandrill and oriental stork/European stork

JurassicMax and Jungle Man like this.
  8. Jungle Man

Yeah, they are starting, I believe that as time passes they will correct that mistakes.

9. JurassicMax

That's a nice number to start with right? This gives them time to correct any mistakes like the wrong avatars before they introduce more species. According to the steam page they will have over 50 animals and 30 zoos.

Jungle Man likes this.
  10. EsserWarrior

EsserWarrior Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm still surprised that Planet Zoo doesn't have an exchange program added so players can trade with each other.

Jungle Man likes this.