Join our zoo community

Open Zoo News feed

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by mikek21, 18 May 2016.

1. mikek21

mikek21 Member

The Zoo News feed no longer seems to be working, at least for me. This is the news feed on the right hand side of the page that displays recent items in the news relating to zoos. It was a good way to keep up the latest news in the zoo world.

I have tried in both Firefox and IE, and it does not work in either browser.

Is this just a browser issue for me, or is ZooChat no longer carrying this feed?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment either ... will investigate.

It's powered by Google News, so there may have been a change to the widget they supply for displaying the news feed on websites.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

I've just found some other reports from people complaining about the same thing on their websites.

Seems that functionality has been deprecated (meaning it's still there, but shouldn't be used because it may stop working at any time) ... and there are limits as to how much data will be shown per day.

Will be interesting to see whether the widget works at other times of the day or whether it has just stopped working completely now.

Yet another thing I'll have to put on the TODO list for the ZooChat rebuild *sigh*

4. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

AFTER you create some new country and zoo galleries/forums!

:p

Hix