Join our zoo community

ZOO PARK Vyškov ZOO PARK Vyškov

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by HOMIN96, 12 Jun 2020.

1. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

To my surprise, Vyškov doesn't have its own thread yet or at least I didn't find it. (Although, I kind of see why).

Vyškov, mostly known for its collection of domestic animals has been shifting in recent years more and more towards the "classic zoo" with exhibit for Weeper capuchins and Australian walk-through aviary being built in recent years.

The next development, that was supposed to start this year, is an exhibit for dingo and reconstruction of waterfowl ponds. Design can be seen here. Construction was scheduled to begin this year, but I couldn't find any info if there is or isn't some postponing due to coronavirus.

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

So, dingos have arrived at the zoopark, and are kept off-show. Two males from France and 1,1 from Poland. However, the construction of their new exhbit is indeed postponed, planned opening date is at the beginning of next summer season.

HOMIN96 and Elephantelephant like this.
  3. Jana

The zoopark has been damaged by wind and storm last night and will stay closed for some time for repairs. All mature trees are down, some roofs down, wallabies and lemurs went on a run and one wallaby got caught only in the town.

4. Jana

The dingo exhibit, after delays, has been finally open since summer 2021. The only female dingo in the group has a fresh litter - 5 pups.

5. Jana

Reconstruction of waterfowl ponds finished in summer 2023. Species on show are various breeds of domestic ducks and geese. But also emperor goose, black and mute swans.

Recently they obtained a group of Brazilian guinea pigs. It sits backstage and waits for construction of an exhibit that should open next spring.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.