Join our zoo community

Zoo Posters

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Sun Wukong, 1 Dec 2007.

1. Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong Well-Known Member

Münster Zoo

Attached Files:

2. Sun Wukong

Leipzig Zoo

Attached Files:

3. karenZOO

karenZOO Well-Known Member

These are all amazing Sun Wukong :D

So much more better than boring photos on posters!

The design is so simple but brings a warm glow of memories and anticipation of past and future zoo visits :D (or maybe it's just me )

4. robmv

robmv Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There is also a 1978 book of Leipzig Zoo posters. Unfortunately, they rather missed a trick and printed it in black and white!

5. Dicerorhinus

Dicerorhinus Well-Known Member

Sun Wukong, Fantastic posters thank you for sharing them!

6. Sun Wukong

@KEEPER, karenZOO, Dicerorhinus: Thanks for the feedback. At given time, I will post some more.

7. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Cincinnati Zoo (Cat House). Now that it is being redone for Night Hunters and the old Cat House no longer exists, I guess this is a collector's item. (Since it is a panoramic, I photographed it in two parts which is why there is a bit of a line just right of center where I connected them).

Cats pictured are margay (I think) in tree on far left, jaguar underneath that, leopard to the right of jaguar, lion in the background right of leopard, serval right of that closer up (same distance from viewer as leopard), black footed cat right of that, caracal next up on the rock kopje, then puma on bluff, and finally snow leopard on far right.

Attached Files:

8. Roman27cz

Roman27cz Member

Hello,
    if anybody want to swop zoo memorabilia, visit this page - there you can find thousands of zoo materials of all kinds. Really very various things are there - from common things like postcards or guidebook, leaflets etc. through pins, buttons, posters, coins, calendars etc. to many unorthodox things. Everything both new and old - from all over the world but especially from Czech r., Slovakia and countries of former Soviet Union. !!! Around 200 posters!!!