Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon Zoo Tycoon 2: The baby that vanished

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Axl, 12 Jul 2010.

1. Axl

Axl Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have this problem? You have a pregnant animal on Zoo Tycoon and when it's pregnancy metre turns red, the metre suddenly switches to 'not pregnant' yet no baby is born! This is particularly common with white rhino on the game as well as elephants and walrus.

In some of the mammals, where they produce two cubs eg. the lion, the same thing happens except one baby never appears, the other is born but has no family tree link to its family. Whatever the animal, the mother can never breed again after this happens.

2. Moebelle

Moebelle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have suspected this to be a virtual stillborn. I'm glad they happen, just so it makes it more realistic.

3. zooboyabroad

zooboyabroad Well-Known Member

I don't actually have this problem, but I do have a strange glitch where some of my animals are completely transparent, particularly some of my large mammals. Basically I have animal ghosts!

There are so many cartoonish glitches in this game Axl, I bet you're not the only one who has a glitch. In my game, my guests often don't have heads and I always find random wierd severed heads floating around my zoo! Another odd glitch is that sometimes animals seem to levitate in mid-air.

4. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

You might be on to something there, I have the game and the Asian Elephants have a disproportionate amount of these stillbirths. I've noticed they occur more in some enclosures than in others.

They often occur in White Rhino too. I have two enclosures for White Rhino: in the first enclosure, the chance of a stillbirth around 95%; in the second enclosure, the chance is less than 5%. Needless to say, all rhinos in the later stage of pregnancy are transferred to the second enclosure until after they have given birth.