Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon zoo tycoon

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by littlepinkbunny, 8 Aug 2007.

1. littlepinkbunny

littlepinkbunny New Member

hi to all who have played zoo tycoon.could you please help me iam playing the game at the moment and am stuck as my animals keep gettin taken away or they die.it says they cant find any food i thought that was the zoo keepers job to feed them,ive looked everyware to see if i can buy any and cant find it.so could someone please tell me wat to do b4 all the animals die from starvation or get taken away for bad treatment.oh yes and wat do i do if ther sick.thanx

2. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You could try placing a keeper in the enclosure, though they should automatically feed the animals. If you need information concerning Zoo Tycoon, it would be better to post on a Zoo Tycoon forum.

3. taun

taun Well-Known Member

There was a great fourm called zoo admin, but it has seemed to have disappeared. I know it change hands because the original owner was giving up his network of sites.

Anyway as bongorob said you would be best post of a Zoo tycoon website, however if you want to PM me i could prob help with alot of the questions you have.

4. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I know on the original zoo tycoon you have to assign keepers to an animal.. do it by clicking on keepers. but don't assign the one keeper to too many animals...

5. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Zoo Admin is still going, but they are having trouble getting the new site up and running. I've had plenty of help from them in the past.

..::

The above dots constitute the link. The address is zooadmin . org (without the gaps, if I type it properly I just get the dots again.

6. KJ

KJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I play this game, dends if you have zoo tycoon one or two ??

7. taun

taun Well-Known Member

i would gather it was zoo tycoon 1 due to the fact you cannot but food in the first one!

I know what your getting at because the keepers ZT2 are hopeless.

8. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Just casually reviving a 10 year old thread....

The question relates to Zoo Tycoon 1 (Marine Mania) as animals cannot be removed due to poor treatment in Zoo Tycoon 2. They can't in Zoo Tycoon 1, but add the expansion pack for Marine Mania and they soon will.

Zoo keepers in Zoo Tycoon 1 are more problamatic in my opinion. They can't cope with more than three small exhibits or one large one and cost a lot to employ.

In Zoo Tycoon 2, it's simple, just don't build a gate to your enclosures. The zoo keeper will happily spend years trapped in the enclosure with whatever is in there and work with dedication and efficiency. If you choose to let them free roam, and I don't know why you would, then I'd advise against building a staffroom. All employees head there at the slightest sign of there being no work and then refuse to leave when there'swork to be done.

9. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm an old fan of the original zoo tycoon (1).Just curious about ZT1 main fansite called Zootek Phoenix.Went to visit it recently and my web browser came up with the 'this website might contain a virus or phishing attempts-Proceed at your own risk' Anyone aware of this?

10. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

I really should try this game, it sounds very much like my kind of thing. When I was about nine or ten years old, I used to absolutely love Rollercoaster Tycoon and I was pretty good at it, too. These days I don’t have anywhere near enough distraction in my life to help me to relax and de-stress; something like this could actually do me some good!

11. Swampy

Swampy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I wasted many happy hours of my younger years playing zoo tycoon 2: ultimate collection. I recently tried to install it from the disc onto my Windows 10 laptop, but couldn't get it to run. I'm assuming it's to do with operating system compatibility.

12. Sheather

Sheather Well-Known Member 10+ year member

No, it plays fine on Windows 10.