Join our zoo community

ZooChat Challenge UK 2012

Discussion in 'Quizzes, Competitions & Games' started by Shorts, 14 Jan 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Looking through this thread again, let it be noted that even though the challenge has been won, I suspect that my current total of 6 bear species all seen via public transport puts me in the lead for the Green Award ;)

2. Johnny Morris.

Johnny Morris. Well-Known Member

I'll stay at home and look at 2013's challenge on the internet, how green will that make me?;):p

3. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

We did a fair amount of travelling by train and even car-shared to HWP, but some collections are near impossible without a car or a deep pocket (Woburn for example).

I still haven't received even the slightest hint of a cup though, so I think the whole thing is a bit of a swizz. ;)

4. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Kids of today, no patience:p.

Seriously, it's on my agenda, it's just my agenda's a little full at the moment. I've just spent two days searching the internet for some Twycross postings that went missing without a trace:) -I didn't dream them did I?:confused: (to be fair, if they're as I remember I can understand why they disappeared).*

*Note, this isn't a request to restart those posts, just wanting to confirm I'm not imagining it.:D

5. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

You remember correctly and the posts that started the chains as you say were probably best lost if we want zoochat to continue!

6. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Excuses, excuses. :rolleyes: ;)

7. Shorts

The (small but perfectly formed) trophy's now ready, you should PM me to arrange delivery or possibly a meet up to pass it on to you.

For anyone keen/crazy enough to be interested I intend to give details of the 2013 Zoo Chat UK Challenge on New Year's Eve.

8. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Whoo hoo! Although I joked about it, an actual trophy was a little unexpected to be honest, but a lovely surprise. Thank you. :eek:
    Looking forward to it.

9. TeaLovingDave

Excellent, I look forward to it - I may have failed to reach Whipsnade or find a way of doing Woburn by vehicle, but this challenge gave me the much-needed impetus to get myself back to Highland Wildlife Park :)

10. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to you making your mind up which one you go with for next year,and have started making plans ready for which ever one you go with.:p:eek:

11. Shorts

I think my thinking's changed a bit since last we discussed it, so you might have to go back to the drawing board:p:D.

Suffice to say you're going to have to travel a lot and have a little luck to win. Like Highland Wildlife park it's likely they'll be one far-flung collection/area that'll be essential to visit in completing the challenge.

12. Shorts

It's probable, given your tenacity and previously demonstrated commitment, that lack of a vehicle won't be a problem this year -that's not to say there's not serious traveling involved though (the word "Challenge" is the clue:)).

13. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Thats not a problem you don't know what potential challenges I was preparing for,as I know a bit of how your mind works!!

14. TeaLovingDave

Hehe, I'll certainly be giving things a jolly good attempt ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.