Join our zoo community

ZooChat Cup Group C: Plzen vs Singapore

Discussion in 'ZooChat Cup' started by CGSwans, 20 Sep 2019.

?

Plzen vs Singapore

Poll closed 21 Sep 2019.
  1. Plzen 3-0 Singapore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Plzen 2-1 Singapore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Singapore 2-1 Plzen

100.0%
  4. Singapore 3-0 Plzen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I agree with everything said in this post, just you might want to edit 18-9 to 36-18 just for the sake of correctness :)

FunkyGibbon likes this.
  2. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

I think I'll leave it as a lesson to myself ;)

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  3. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I just want to say that I know CGSwans has put in a lot of effort and I'm not trying to downplay that, I'm just saying it's unfair to silently shorten the voting period by a whole day based on how much traffic he thinks each individual match will get. While the score is not a landslide victory for Singapore, my point is that there are still only 18 votes, which is almost half of what the other matches for these same zoos got when they still had the third day. Even if additional discussion is not needed for this specific match up, it's a dangerous game to play picking and choosing ahead of time which matches "deserve" a third day and which don't, especially when I've already shown that even in Plzen's last match the third day mattered. There are always going to be rounds that surprise everyone, such as the Berlin vs Detroit match. Three days were necessary then but looking at it beforehand one might assume only two were needed. Sooner or later the amount of time estimated for a match is going to be too short, and then it's going to become a problem. Yes the matches have to end eventually, but 72 hours has worked perfectly so far so why complicate things now by silently deciding which matches should and should not get that amount of time when, at the end of the day, no one really knows what can or cannot happen here.

~Thylo

4. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Thylo, I don’t understand why the reduction from three to two days has come as such a shock. I started doing it three weeks ago and announced it at the time:

5. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Well fair enough, I must have missed that then. I apologize for that.

Regardless, the points I make about the repercussions of such still remain as true.

~Thylo

6. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I agree, and if debate starts to continue right up until the expiry of polls i’ll change it back - the whole point of this project is to foster debate so I have no desire to curtail it. But at the moment it’s fading to almost nothing after the first day. I won’t lie - I actually find that disappointing because it feels like the game isn’t quite achieving what I want it to. But it is what it is and I don’t want to lose momentum.

Regardless - I have taken your feedback on board, and will see how things play out over the next few matches.