Join our zoo community

ZooChat Cup S2 Match #23: Saint Louis vs Sedgwick County

Discussion in 'ZooChat Cup' started by pachyderm pro, 18 Jun 2018.

?

Birds

Poll closed 22 Jun 2018.
  1. Saint Louis

47.4%
  2. Sedgwick County

52.6%
  1. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

After you have voted, you can see who has voted for which zoo by clicking the area that has the number of votes for each zoo.

As for myself, I voted for St. Louis as their Penguin and Puffin Coast exhibit, as was already explained, is something that helps this otherwise hard decision.

In addition, the vote is now at 9-8, excluding @Choco115 's vote.

birdsandbats likes this.
  2. Choco115

Choco115 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Sorry for the late reaction, I think Saint Louis should win because their collection of birds is better but the main reason are the exhbits like the penguin, puffin habbit but if I am too late that’s ok.;)

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
  3. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

No problem @Choco115, just wanted to make sure your vote got counted :) Congrats on making your first post.

And with that, we are tied up again at 9-9 with 3.5 hours left.

4. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

For me it's a simple preference, I would rather visit a zoo that has a fantastic collection in good/decent enclosures (Sedgwick) than a zoo with a mediocre collection and one great exhibit (St. Louis)

ThylacineAlive likes this.
  5. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I'm not trying to get anyone's votes discounted or anything, but I'm genuinely curious as to how we now handle a situation like with @Choco115. Their vote was on grounds for disqualification because they were a newly made account with no posts. Now, they've posted but they've only posted once and it's a fairly generic statement about the zoo having a good collection and good exhibits. Does that automatically qualify them to continue participating? Tbh it looks a bit fishy to me, especially since it's been well established by even most of the people who've voted for Saint Louis that Sedgwick has the superior collection with Saint Louis having a few oddities and then mostly more common species...

~Thylo

6. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

That's a very slippery slope to go down. You will then have to figure out what's the minimum amount of posts someone needs to have inorder to participate. I think @Choco115 is fine

Last edited: 22 Jun 2018
  7. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'll allow it. His post, while brief, is still an explanation on why he voted the way he did which was my only real requirement. I would prefer if in the future, considering he is still a fresh face around here, if he would give reason in the future matches, but considering he did as I asked if he chooses to continue voting I will count it.

8. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It's not so much the lack of posts as much as the only posting once and it being such a generic and sort of incorrect comment (though I suppose that's subjective..)

~Thylo

9. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I reckon this swings it pretty nicely, given how many species I like are in the latter list :p even if my favourite duck of all is in the former list!

10. Choco115

Choco115 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Okay, in the future I will explain all my votes, sorry for this.

11. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Okay then, let the final votes be 10-9 for Sedgwick County, meaning it wins!