Join our zoo community

ZooChat European Cup Round 1: Augsburg vs Bern vs Erfurt

Discussion in 'ZooChat Cup' started by CGSwans, 1 Nov 2018.

?

Augsburg vs Bern vs Erfurt

Poll closed 3 Nov 2018.
  1. Augsburg

6.3%
  2. Bern

93.8%
  3. Erfurt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Three Cup debutantes, and perhaps three of the lesser known zoos in the field, which only makes it more important for those who have visited to report in. The subject? Ectotherms.

2. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

Bern has a limited but brilliantly presented collection in the tropicarium. I'll be happy to vote for it until someone convinced me otherwise.
    The highlight is the semi- mixed exhibit of Village Weaver, Lovebird, Elephant Shrew, Girdled Lizard & Termite, but there are also some delightful terrariums outside for native reptiles.

CGSwans likes this.
  3. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Augsburg has possibly even better outdoor terraria for German herps, but their small reptile house can't compete with Bern. Erfurt used to have a good number of reptiles in the former elephant house, but that was years ago.... Nowadays it is much more hi and miss in terms of ectotherms...

Additionally to having the nicest enclosures, Bern is also the only one to have an good fish collection.

4. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

This being the reason for my vote :p as I know little of the other two collections.