Join our zoo community

Zoohistorica 2018, Antwerp

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by lintworm, 16 Jul 2018.

1. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The annual Zoohistorica event will be held in Antwerp this year from September 7-9.

More information:
    https://www.zoohistorica.org/Zoohistorica 29.pdf

ZOOHISTORICA 2018 Antwerpen Registration form/Anmeldeformular

I have just registered and it will be my first Zoohistorica, so I am curious who else will be there.

Additionally I will visit Pairi Daiza on September 7th, who else wants to join then? I am aware that several others will go there on September 10, but I am leaving Belgium on the 9th.

FunkyGibbon and sooty mangabey like this.
  2. Tim May

Tim May Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

I will be participating; always an enjoyable event.

I will be going to Pairi Diaza but a few days after you. It will be nice to see you in Antwerp though.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
  3. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

I am very much looking forward to what will be my 18th Zoohistorica, at one of my favourite zoos. I’m not sure which other zoos I will be visiting that weekend, but I am sure that the remaining pair in Belgium’s “big three” will feature.

For those who have not attended such a meeting before, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. The chance to exchange zoo materials – books, guidebooks, postcards, and all reports, anything – is wonderful, but even if you are not a collector of such ephemera, it is a fantastic chance to meet other zoo enthusiasts, to see a bit of the zoo, and to spend some days amongst like-minded souls.

4. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

I shall be there - plans still cooking but very likely to be at Pairi Daiza the Monday following the event.