Join our zoo community

ZooParc de Beauval Zooparc de Beauval News

Discussion in 'France' started by orang09, 7 Oct 2007.

1. Marco Penello

Marco Penello Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Great news:

on 27th october a baby gorilla was born (probably a male, but they aren't sure).
    Sheila is the mother.

2. Emperor Penguin

Emperor Penguin Member

We know now that the baby gorilla is a male.

This year, the zoo have received two new species: arctic wolves and cheethas. And the gave a new exhibit to the brown bear (she is alone). Consequently, the mountain lions received the old brown bears exhibit, to extend the area attributed to them.
    The dome will be ready in 2019, but they want to give themselves a bit of time for the animal transports, so, the new exhibit will open in february 2020, for the celebration of the 40 years of the zoo.

3. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

0.3 European Brown Bears have arrived from the Lycksele Zoo in Northern Sweden. They are alternating the exhibit (newly completed this year) with Beauval's existing female Brown Bear

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  4. Vision

Vision Well-Known Member 5+ year member

5. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

I've been to the Parc two days ago.

The Tasmanian devil exhibit is open and looks very good. It also has an indoor viewing from the outside through windows. Two males are on display.

The Dome is already completed and looks huge, but its has, with the exception of two aviaries, no outdoor exhibits.

The young okapi, born last year in August, is already seperated from its mother-defenitely much to early, but I don't know the reason.

Brum and Kifaru Bwana like this.
  6. Emperor Penguin

Emperor Penguin Member

Hello ! Around the dome, there will be outdoor aviaires for squirrel monkeys, harpy eagles, doucs (yes !), lemurs and giant turtles.

Kifaru Bwana and kiang like this.
  7. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

Thank you for the additional information. I saw two Aviaries, but unfortunately, there is no sign, no plan, no detailed information.

8. Emperor Penguin

Emperor Penguin Member

Yes, unfortunatly, the park doesnt give many informations about this new exhibit for now... In France, usually, zoos are making one new exhibit each year, and base all of it's communication around. This year, Beauval has done all it's communication around the news of 2019, but we'll have to wait until next year for the dome.
    If you want, I have some other informations and a map of this exhibit.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  9. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Oh yes please!

10. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Most welcome please!

11. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Couldn't that been only temporarily?

12. Emperor Penguin

Emperor Penguin Member

I am sorry for being so late, but anyway: that's the news:
    What I can offer you is a virtual visit of the exhibit.
    So: we are in 2020, and we are exited to see this wonderful new exhibit. We arrive on a new square, where we can admire the new outoor aviaries for harpy eagle and squirel monkeys, but also the entrance of the famous "dome". What is very surprising is that this entrance is like a rocky tunnel, framed by waterfalls. After we went through this tunnel, we arrive directly inside the dome, in the first zone: South America. To the right, we can see a huge aquaterrarium for the green anacondas, already in the zoo, but in a less good exhibit. In front of us, we can see the jewel of the exhibit: the manatees pond: 3,5 meters deep, with a huge glass, twice the one of the hippopotamus big (and this one is 22 meters big !). The manatees live with a lot of amazonian fishes and with amazonian turtles, exactly like in the current pool. We will began our walk by the left. To the right, we can still see the huge group of manatees, and to left, we can see spectacular aviaries, going up until 20 meters high ! These ones are home to south american animals: the first hosts tamandua with toco toucan, the second is the indoor exhibit of the saimiris. After that, in a hole, we can see various reptiles and frogs (tegu, dendrobates and mata mata). After an aquarium for pirhanas, still on the left, lets interest us on the right, where we can see (by an other spectacular glass (23 meters this time)), giant otters. To the left, an other pond is home for white alligators. Finally, a mangrove exhibt is home to sand fiddler crabs, periophtalmus, fishes and I think turtles.
    We just finished the South amerian zone. Now, we will go to an other zone: Africa and the Indian Ocean islands.
    To the right, we can see, in two spectaculars pond/enclosures, a cohabitation between pygmy hippos, diana monkeys, talapoin and african cichlids. To the left, another giant aviary is home to various lemurs and radiated tortoise. After that exhibit, we can see the indoor enclosure of the Aldabra giant tortoises, which have also an outoor exhibit (the lemurs also have one). To the right, we have another spectacular vision: a huge aviary in cantilever, with a suspension bridge inside, to see bats and many other animals such as bee-eaters. Finally we will discover the last zone: Asia.
    In a hole, we can see many fishes and reptiles like pythons. After that, to the right, huge glasses let us discover Komodo dragons in two enclosures. This specie is alerady in the zoo since 2014, but visitors can't see them yet. Next to the Komodo dragons, a huge aquaterrarium is home to gavials. To the left, we can sit on the terrasse of the restaurant. Finally, we begin our walk on the concrete gateway. We can see monitor lizards, and all the animals we have already seen, but on a different way. I have forgotten to say that there is an island on the manatees exhibit for south american monkeys. In freedom, there will be some birds such as cock of the rock.
    I will give you more informations tomorrow.

leone, twilighter, Brum and 9 others like this.
  13. amur leopard

How could I find the planning permission and Documents related so I can look at the CAD drawings?

14. amur leopard

Plz plz plz plz plz give us the info!!!!
    I'm sorry I'm impatient but I have been waiting 2 months and I really want to hear news so that I can decide when I should go!!!

btw do you have any drawings/map by any chance?

15. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

16. Elephantelephant

Elephantelephant Well-Known Member

The female Indian rhino born at night from 27 to 28 August is called Anjali!

17. amur leopard

Births: 1 Pygmy marmoset, 5 White-tailed whistling ducks, 4 scarlet ibises, 1 leaf-tailed gecko and 1 beisa oryx calf called Will.

Elephantelephant likes this.
  18. drill

drill Well-Known Member

White-faced whistling duck?

19. amur leopard

Oh oops fulvous whistling duck

Translated it wrong :)

20. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

With the opening of the new equatorial dome planned for February 2020, the first animals have arrived, including Giant otters (from Duisburg & Givskud), Pygmy hippos (from Lagos, Portugal) and Tomistomas (Hongkong).