Join our zoo community

Zoos in Minecraft!

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Enzo, 28 Dec 2022.

1. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I've decided to create this thread based on the fact there is a huge zoo-building community in Minecraft! I've noticed not so many people have been talking about the game on this platform, so I thought it'd be nice to chat up a bit about it.
    Furthermore, I really need some help building my own Minecraft zoo. I want to have an entrance building to be made with a neoclassical style and I could not make up my mind about what I should do. The only thing currently built in my zoo is the central fountain which is supposed to be located right in front of the ticket booth/entrance building. Hope I find some help here.

2. Sphenisciologist

Sphenisciologist Well-Known Member

I have also done some toying with zoos in Minecraft and have done some projects of my own. For me personally, it has been hard to nail exactly what I envision a Minecraft zoo to be, as I make my expectations a little too high. Given the short collection of real life animals in the game, making exhibits is more fun but also challenging.
    To answer your concerns, for your entrance building, if you wanted to do neoclassical I would look at some examples online. From a quick google search, some buildings like the Savanna Hall from Zoo Atlanta and the Madagascar! habitat from the Bronx Zoo might be some good references and great places to start. Also may depend on the size you are aiming for, which has a huge effect on the architecture scale. Also, if you are pretty attached to the fountain, I would make sure the fountain and entrance building at least compliment each other a little bit if you want to keep consistency.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: 28 Dec 2022
    ZooElephantMan likes this.
  3. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely look into it! However, I'm not very worried about a lack of animal diversity, as I have over forty mods installed.