Join our zoo community

Assiniboine Park Zoo Assiniboine Park Zoo News 2022

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BovidBabe, 7 Jan 2022.

1. BovidBabe

BovidBabe Well-Known Member

A beautiful morning, with it only being -10. A wonderful day to visit the zoo!

I did get to see the mountain goats. They are currently in one of the exhibits in the grasslands and boreal forest part of the zoo, by the stone's sheep. The serrow has been moved to the exhibit that held the male markhor with all the rock work in the open range section. Curiously it looks like theres been some changes to the rock work and some foliage has been added. Hard to tell under the snow, though...

The exhibit that was empty in toucan ridge now hosts a yellow anaconda. Still haven't been able to see they woylie or Sangria the porcupine in the discovery center.

Smaggledagle and Ituri like this.
  2. BovidBabe

One of the gray wolves, Onyx, has passed away of cancer.

Smaggledagle likes this.
  3. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

On November 22nd, the zoo announced they moved the (0.3) Rocky Mountain goats into the Grasslands & Boreal Forest area.

登录 Facebook

4. BovidBabe

The Leaf will be opening this saturday.

Kind of short notice, and no member preview strangely enough. Perhaps that is in part to encourage either the Leaf membership or the hybrid memberships with the zoo and park.

As I said before, will give my thoughts and review next time I am over there!

Smaggledagle likes this.
  5. Smaggledagle

Smaggledagle Well-Known Member

On December 22nd, the zoo announced that a (0.1) Bactrian camel named Zara passed away at age 25 due to deteriorating health caused by arthritis.

登录 Facebook

Nile Hippo Expert likes this.