Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2020: The Vote

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 15 Dec 2020.

?

Which Thread Was the Zoochat Thread of the Year?

Poll closed 30 Dec 2020.
  1. Where do the Deer & Antelope Play?: A Look at America's Ungulate Populations - ThylacineAlive

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Mesozoic Zoo 2 -Zoofan15

18 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Remembering Bristol Zoo Gardens - ThomasNotTom

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Aardvark250 Ranking His Zoos Visited - Aardvark250

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Into the Unknown: Zoos of Western France - Lintworm

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The nominations have concluded and I can assure you there was no fraud! A very interesting group of threads this year. Some completely swept the nominations and were locked in from the get go, while others just barely made it in last minute. Either way, please cast your vote wisely and check out all of the nominees below.

Where do the Deer & Antelope Play?: A Look at America's Ungulate Populations by @ThylacineAlive - A comprehensive and wide-ranging list of the ungulate population in United States zoos.

Mesozoic Zoo 2 by @Zoofan15 - An incredibly popular fantasy thread where zoochatters use their imagination to create a comprehensive zoological park for dinosaurs.

Remembering Bristol Zoo Gardens by @ThomasNotTom - A pleasant look back at the long legacy of the Bristol Zoo after the park announces its sudden closure at its current site.

Aardvark250 Ranks His Zoos Visited by @aardvark250 - A trek through 33 Asian zoos and aquariums and subjective rankings of all of them.

Into the Unknown: Zoos of Western France by @lintworm - A detailed 2 week tour through the zoos and Aquariums of France and the thread with the most overall nominations.

Well done to the five nominees, may the best man win.

2. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I would like to thank all that nominate me so I can get into the vote. I dont think my thread are as good as the others, but let's see!

ZooBinh, Tafin and Coelacanth18 like this.
  3. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

STOP THE COUNT

stopthecount.PNG

#LANDSLIDE

MRJ, jayjds2, Benosaurus and 19 others like this.
  4. pachyderm pro

ⓘ This claim about zoochat fraud is disputed

5. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What happens if it’s a tie?

6. Brum

Brum Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Fight to the death? :D

ZooBinh likes this.
  7. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Rap battle has to be the way to go :D :p

Ursus, birdsandbats and ZooBinh like this.
  8. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Either one of the parties can begin multiple lawsuits and demand recounts :p . Just follow America's example....except for the fact there wasnt a tie....:confused:

amur leopard likes this.
  9. CGSwans

I feel if there’s a rap battle that lintworm should have to perform “the worm”. If he can do it, he wins.

ZooBinh likes this.
  10. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I don't think there will be a tie, it still looks rigged in lintworm's favor. :p

11. CGSwans

Right. When I posted that comment the margin had narrowed to 2 votes. Not anymore.

12. pachyderm pro

I'm impartial to @Brum's fight to the death idea, but I think would would happen is a runoff between the two tied threads. Seems a bit more, eh, logistical...

Didn't realize how close the vote had gotten. Last time I checked it looked like @Zoofan15 was about to take the lead. I guess @lintworm began counting the mail-in votes :rolleyes:

13. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Don’t worry, there’s people on here who’d rather die in a ditch than see a fantasy thread win, so I have no expectation of winning. I am however proud to be the author of the only fantasy thread to make it into the final (the third year in a row I’ve achieved this).

I’d like nothing better to claim I’m some sort of creative genius; but in all honesty, I’m merely the conductor of an extremely talented orchestra that is the people who have participated in the Zoo Decisions and Mesozoic Zoo series. They continue to astound me with their talents; and writing content they will engage with is both highly challenging and rewarding for me. My victory in making it to the final (against some very stiff competition) is as much their success as it is mine.

14. grevy's zebra

grevy's zebra Well-Known Member

I do not know why I thought this, but in my mind screamed "POKEMON BATTLE!!"

15. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I think such an attitude is unfair to a lot of people.

The Fantasy Thread group (for lack of a better word) is in numbers a very big seemingly homogeneous group. But it is just like being a democrat in Kansas, there are just too many republicans.... There are just a lot more people who don't follow any fantasy threads, so they will never be even considering voting for one. So a fantasy thread not winning is not because people vote against them, many on here just enjoy other threads more.

pipaluk, Great Argus, TNT and 5 others like this.
  16. Zoofan15

It’s not a criticism. It’s a fact. Many people (including some of my friends) would prefer ZooChat did not include a fantasy forum. Perhaps they believe it detracts from the more serious topics; perhaps they believe it’s irrelevant to ZooChat. Most of them are open about it and I bear no resentment to them for it. It’s their opinion and they’re entitled to it.

17. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Your "there’s people on here who’d rather die in a ditch than see a fantasy thread win" is a fact? I think you are mistaken.

18. CGSwans

Speak for yourself, Chli. I am generally ill-disposed towards dying in ditches, but if it’s that or my favourite thread not winning ZooChat Thread of the Year? Hand me a shovel.

Ursus, TinoPup, pachyderm pro and 8 others like this.
  19. Zoofan15

:D:D:D

20. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Whilst ZF15 is exaggerating a little (no shade), there are *some* ZC folk that really dislike the fantasy forums, so ZF15 isn't wrong in that regard :p

Zoofan15 likes this.