Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2020

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 4 Dec 2020.

1. grevy's zebra

grevy's zebra Well-Known Member

I will like to nominate these threads, and they are based on how much I was in them, and how much fun and interesting they were:

Mesozoic Zoo 2 by @Zoofan15
    Zoo Community Part 5 by @ZooBinh
    A European Fantasy Zoo by @amur leopard

2. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

A little more than a day to give your nominations, get to voting!

3. Coelacanth18

Coelacanth18 Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

My apologies, got here a little late. As such I won't be able to set the path for any new threads to get nominated, but I'll give credit where credit is due:

#1: @lintworm's The most comprehensive European collections (The most comprehensive European zoo collections): While I'm glad to see LW's awesome travel thread top the list of nominations, this thread was a fantastic and highly interesting read as far as data and research-based threads go, and I appreciated the time and effort it must have taken.

#2: @aardvark250's Aardvark250 ranking his zoos visited (Aardvark250 ranking his zoo visited): a thread detailing many zoos and aquaria from a less well-known region for this site. I've personally fallen behind on reading it (don't worry Aardvark, I'll catch up :oops:) but I hope to visit some of those places in Japan one day and think this thread will be invaluable to helping me plan such a trip. I'd also like to give credit to our recent Brazilian and Indonesian members for creating many threads to document information from their respective countries as well.

#3: @Great Argus's US Zoos closed due to COVID-19 and duration (US zoos closed due to COVID-19 and duration): a thread that was vital to informing ZooChatters and tracking the status of American zoos during the first wave of the pandemic, when fear of widespread permanent shutdowns rode high and some of us refreshed the page multiple times a day. Thanks not only to Argus for the initiative of starting the thread, but also thanks to @Imperator Furiosa and many others for taking the time and effort to keep it consistently and accurately updated.

A shout-out to a couple of others as well: @ThylacineAlive for his very ambitious Ungulate thread and @ThomasNotTom for his thoughtful tributes to Living Coasts and Bristol Zoo. Glad to see those two up for nomination as well :)

ZooBinh and TNT like this.
  4. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I appreciate all of the nominations and shout-outs folks! So thank you :)

As someone that only frequents the UK forums, and very rarely ventures elsewhere, I don't think it would be entirely fair for me to make any nominations... I know there will be some great threads that I just haven't seen.

Merry Christmas :)

Last edited: 14 Dec 2020
  5. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

lintworm likes this.