Join our zoo community

Thread of the Year 2019: Submissions

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by pachyderm pro, 5 Dec 2019.

1. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

About a day to get your nominations locked in. Here are the current standings:

12 Submissions: Snowleopard's 2019 Road Trip: Netherlands, Belgium, France & Germany by @snowleopard

9 Submissions: ZooChat Cup - rebooted by @CGSwans

8 Submissions: Zoo Decisions 3: Phase 1 (1935-1959) by @Zoofan15

5 Submissions: FunkyGibbon is.....Big in Japan by @FunkyGibbon, Hipporex's Guide to Interesting and Unique Prehistoric Fauna by @Hipporex

3 Submissions: On the trail of the Bilou - Travels among the Mentawai by @FunkyGibbon, Planet Zoo! by @ThomasNotTom

2 Submissions: America's Top 100 Zoos & Aquariums by @snowleopard, Chlidonias Goes To Asia, part six: 2019, How did you discover Zoochat? by @Jambo, It’s Up To You.... by @sooty mangabey, Make an Exhibit for that Country by @MonkeyBat. Summaries of Japanese Zoos and Aquariums by @RatioTile, The Mesozoic Zoo Society by @Zoofan15

1 Submission: Have you ever lost a pet? (as in the pet escaped) by @Hipporex, Mother of all Puzzles by @OstrichMania, Old/Obscure Taxonomically Incorrect names for Animals by @Cassidy Casuar, The Meme Thread by @Ebirah766, TZDugong goes to Philadelphia by @TZDugong, What famous people have you met? by @Jake

@Yoshistar888 I have not counted your votes yet as the zoo card game threads are a series. The rules dictate that to nominate a series of threads, please submit just the first one in that series to represent all of them. So the original thread by @Ebirah766. Please choose a different thread to replace part two and all of your noms will count.

Jambo, snowleopard, Zoofan15 and 3 others like this.
  2. Yoshistar888

Yoshistar888 Well-Known Member

My 3rd nomination will be America’s top 100 zoos and aquariums by @snowleopard

snowleopard and pachyderm pro like this.
  3. OstrichMania

OstrichMania Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm surprised I even got nominated. Wow, thanks @Luke01 . But, for 2020, I want to create something that I have never done before. So, you can look forward to that.

Luke01 and Zoofan15 like this.
  4. Ashley LaRee Lewis

Ashley LaRee Lewis Well-Known Member

Jambo and Zoofan15 like this.
  5. pachyderm pro

6. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Why do you want them to vote for five threads? :p

7. pachyderm pro

My apologies, I only saw the Zoo Decisions thread when I quoted the post. Ignore what I said.

8. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

9. pachyderm pro

The submissions have been tallied and the top five have been selected. From now until the start of the new year cast your vote for thread of the year here. Thank you all for your contributions.

Jambo likes this.